Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TOGO internet

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TOGO internet

I just installed my new TOGO by Winegard today. I received the unit last week and temporarily set it up inside my RV and set it on a countertop. The speed test was 8 times faster than my Verizon hotspot.

Today, I installed it on the roof and was thrilled that it doubled the speed I was getting inside on the countertop. The rural area I'm located has its challenges when it comes to internet and I'm excited to see what kind of speed I will see when I get a much better AT&T cell signal.

The $360/yr unlimited plan sounds great, but I'll reserve judgement until I use it for a while. Do any of you guys have any experience with the TOGO?
    Jeff and Sharon Baker
    2017 Solitude 375RES

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had it for a couple of weeks and used about 100 Gigs at my sticks and bricks. At my sticks and bricks the Verizon slightly faster so at least for the time being I will keep both services. If you are techy you not going to like it since you can't get the admin settings and Togo isn't giving up the password. I put my WIFI Ranger router between the TOGO and my personnel devices and use load balancing between the ATT and Verizon.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m currently in a RV park with bad WiFi. I’ve got one of these on the way and will do the permanent install in the spring. How did you do the temporary install? Also will the lap sealant work below 60 degrees if I wanted to do a permanent install now? I’m in Memphis at the moment so day temperatures in the 50s is normal at the moment.

Do these run on DC power or AC? If DC, how did you wire it?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    I’m currently in a RV park with bad WiFi. I’ve got one of these on the way and will do the permanent install in the spring. How did you do the temporary install? Also will the lap sealant work below 60 degrees if I wanted to do a permanent install now? I’m in Memphis at the moment so day temperatures in the 50s is normal at the moment.

They run on 12 Volt DC but I got 110 to a 12-volt transformer and run it sitting on top of my entertainment center in my sticks and bricks. It works good great running my house saving me the price of internet connections in my sticks and bricks. The only connection you need to make is 12-volt to powe the unit all other connections are done WIFI.
    Last edited by CWSWine; 11-05-2019 at 06:37 AM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post

I just received my Togo a couple of weeks back and have done one short trip to check out our new 337RLS and see if the Togo worked as advertised. I didn't want to mount the unit on the roof permanently until I knew the connection was good. So, I took an old 12V wall wort transforming that I had lying about and spliced it to power the Togo. I placed the Togo unit in the basement on the curb side and it fits perfectly in that small place to the left of the opening on my 337RLS where there's a 120V outlet. At the RV park I had big units on either side of my rig during the test and the Togo application showed I got 2 out of 4 bars for a signal. I ran a speed test and got 15MB/s up and down which I thought was pretty good. My wife was able to watch TV (we use YouTube TV now) and I was able to log into my systems at work and I didn't notice any latency issues nor did my wife.

I'm going to bring the unit home to our permanent house and see how well it works in this environment. While the unit is only about 1/4 of the speed as my cable at home the cost is significantly cheaper and I hope to just cut the cable completely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about the temps for the lap sealant. I set my TOGO on the countertop where my breaker panel is located in the bottom cabinet. I was able to make a connection with a 12v power source by the breaker panel. The wife was real patient with me (and the rain) as I left it there for a week before mounting it on the roof.

This is great for full time RV living.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    other than the wifi booster, does the togo received data better than the average cell phone? is it better than the weboost when it comes to cell phone bars?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my Togo a month or so ago. I have only used it on one trip, but it worked as advertised. I don't yet have the AT&T annual plan, but I will likely do so. I really like that my connectivity is contained in a single unit. I can easily select whether to use wifi or cellular. While on cellular I did a speed check and got 6 Mbps down. Doesn't seem like much, but all the streaming services performed and looked just like home.

All in all I would say there is a pretty steep up front price for the device, but the low annual plan cost helps offset that.

Mine is mounted on the roof directly above the entertainment center. The switch is right above the control center for black tanks, battery, gray tanks... This made it easy to access 12V needed.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    I got my Togo a month or so ago. I have only used it on one trip, but it worked as advertised. I don't yet have the AT&T annual plan, but I will likely do so. I really like that my connectivity is contained in a single unit. I can easily select whether to use wifi or cellular. While on cellular I did a speed check and got 6 Mbps down. Doesn't seem like much, but all the streaming services performed and looked just like home.

All in all I would say there is a pretty steep up front price for the device, but the low annual plan cost helps offset that.

Mine is mounted on the roof directly above the entertainment center. The switch is right above the control center for black tanks, battery, gray tanks... This made it easy to access 12V needed.
    So if you don't have the att plan, how did you do a download test. Is it faster than using you cell phone

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    So if you don't have the att plan, how did you do a download test. Is it faster than using you cell phone
    I took the $25 5GB plan as a one time test. I wanted it as a backup in case the campground wifi was poor and I wanted to understand just how far 5 GB would go on a 2 day trip. Luckily for me their wifi worked fine once I got the connection. I can say 5GB doesn't go very far. I think I watched one 1 hour show on netflix and I used almost 3GB. After that I used the wifi. I did not compare it to my cell phone as my cellphone cannot do hotspotting and I did not think of it.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast