Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TOGO internet

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    Is the $360 annual plan directly with ATT or is this through TOGO, who is using ATT's network?
    I signed in to At&T to buy my plan so I believe it is directly from AT&T. I purchased the $25/month plan just to test it one month and I don't remember any fees. A straight $25 as I recall. After the test I know I want the yearly plan instead. Performance was great at the campground I tested it.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used Verizon for all my cellular needs for many years now. The plan using the TOGO device is through At&t. It is the only provider that you can use with the TOGO. There are no activation fees associated with starting the At&t plan. There are other TOGO like devices that have plans with other carriers, but this seemed to be the option for us.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by outkatn View Post
    I have used Verizon for all my cellular needs for many years now. The plan using the TOGO device is through At&t. It is the only provider that you can use with the TOGO. There are no activation fees associated with starting the At&t plan. There are other TOGO like devices that have plans with other carriers, but this seemed to be the option for us.
    Like you, I am a Verizon customer. I am very pleased with their coverage, and want to keep them for my phones. The $360 for unlimited, and un-throttled data is very attractive. My phones can serve as hotspots, but data gets throttled too quickly.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jeff and Sharon,
    We bought our TOGO in September 2019. We also bought the one year AT&T data plan. We live in rural Maine where AT&T cell coverage isn't always great. I tried it at our house and connectivity was iffy. We bought it for our first "snowbird" migration to Florida and I must say our results were great. We stopped in Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and finally Florida. My Speed tests were usually in the 8-12 megabits per second. BTW our home DSL is 3M, so we were very pleased.

As far as the power connecting process for our TOGO, I used a small 12 volt DC transformer I purchased on Amazon (Chanzon 12V 3A 36W AC DC Switching Power Supply Adapter (Input 100-240V, Output 12 Volt 3 Amp)). I mounted the TOGO on a couple pieces of wood 2x2 and set it on the top of the camper, dropped the wire down the side and plug in the transformer in an outlet inside my storage bay (Imagine 2600RB).

We have been very satisfied with the TOGO so far, good luck.
    George and Donna

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re full timing and using it. Very happy with it so far. Used 98GB in 22 days, no reduction in speeds. About 12 Mbps down/5 Mbps up on average.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got our Togo last week and so far we like it. We don't get very good cell service here (usually 2.5mbps - 8mbps), but its adequate for streaming. I also like that it is an all-in-one solution for internet and the only wiring is the power cord. I have it temporarily wired directly to the battery and set on the roof. Still trying to decide how to permanently wire it to the panel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191112_111234360_HDR.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	23499

I'm thinking that I can drill a hole next to the brown plumbing vent and drop the power down to the basement and then route it to the fuse panel.
    Bill & Lisa
    2013 Ford F350 Platinum diesel
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Left The Driveway
    Full timers. Most of our time spent in Austin TX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=outkatn;264879]I just installed my new TOGO by Winegard today. I received the unit last week and temporarily set it up inside my RV and set it on a countertop. The speed test was 8 times faster than my Verizon hotspot.

Today, I installed it on the roof and was thrilled that it doubled the speed I was getting inside on the countertop. The rural area I'm located has its challenges when it comes to internet and I'm excited to see what kind of speed I will see when I get a much better AT&T cell signal.

The $360/yr unlimited plan sounds great, but I'll reserve judgement until I use it for a while. Do any of you guys have any experience with the TOGO?[/QUOTE

I've read some folks had problems setting up their AT&T account and getting the antenna to work.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post

I've read some folks had problems setting up their AT&T account and getting the antenna to work.
    Yes, it was a real PITA to set up. I'm a wifi engineer, and I had to call their tech support to get it to work. The app is the problem. It doesn't work worth a tinker's damn on Apple/iPad. the Android version was better, but it still stinks. Very clumsy. Once it's set up, you're fine.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this boost a campground WiFi as well? Is it password protected?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Does this boost a campground WiFi as well? Is it password protected?
    no, it does not boost the signal. Yes, it is password protected.
    Bill & Lisa
    2013 Ford F350 Platinum diesel
    2018 Reflection 303rls

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast