User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vent pipe on roof of 2670MK

Hello, I was on the roof of our TT today for the first time and noticed a piece of black ABS plastic drain pipe sticking through a fitting. I assumed this was vent plumbing for the drain system. The ABS pipe was simply cut off just like one would typically see on a house (at least on houses in this neck of the woods). The fitting that the pipe goes through looks like it might have had a cover to prevent rain/stuff from going down the pipe. Does anybody know the scoop on this pipe and fitting in regards to whether not there should be vent cover/shield/whatever? TIA!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazdad View Post
    Hello, I was on the roof of our TT today for the first time and noticed a piece of black ABS plastic drain pipe sticking through a fitting. I assumed this was vent plumbing for the drain system. The ABS pipe was simply cut off just like one would typically see on a house (at least on houses in this neck of the woods). The fitting that the pipe goes through looks like it might have had a cover to prevent rain/stuff from going down the pipe. Does anybody know the scoop on this pipe and fitting in regards to whether not there should be vent cover/shield/whatever? TIA!
    There should be a cap on the vent pipe fitting.
    Most look like the Ventline V2049 that has one screw that holds on the cap to the base that's screwed and sealed to the roof.
    Anazon search rv plumbing vent cap shows several types.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank