User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bathroom bowl sink leak

Fyi. I recently found that our bathroom bowl sink had a slight leak around the drain. I noticed a little water drip under the sink after a camping trip where we had to leave the water dripping due to the freezing temperatures. After close inspection, I found that there was a slow leak at the drain where it seals around the sink bowl. Once I disassembled it, I found that the rubber gasket between the sink bowl and drain was leaking. I took everything apart and found the countertop material was wet. I dried it out and reassembled it using plumbers putty in addition to the gasket as well as Teflon tape on the drain pipe threaded joints just to be sure. It could have destroyed the countertop over time but we were lucky. Keep an eye on your plumbing. It appears the factory does not use any sealer other than the gaskets. The countertop substrate is a sponge to any leaking water that may come in contact with it. Our unit is over 1 1/2 years old and we still LOVE it.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info to know...thanks for sharing!

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

remdenver
    Our bathroom sink was installed crookedly. I'm not very handy so wasn't sure about taking things apart to try and straighten it. Or maybe the drain hole is off center a little.........

Quote Originally Posted by thompsons 369rl View Post
    Fyi. I recently found that our bathroom bowl sink had a slight leak around the drain. I noticed a little water drip under the sink after a camping trip where we had to leave the water dripping due to the freezing temperatures. After close inspection, I found that there was a slow leak at the drain where it seals around the sink bowl. Once I disassembled it, I found that the rubber gasket between the sink bowl and drain was leaking. I took everything apart and found the countertop material was wet. I dried it out and reassembled it using plumbers putty in addition to the gasket as well as Teflon tape on the drain pipe threaded joints just to be sure. It could have destroyed the countertop over time but we were lucky. Keep an eye on your plumbing. It appears the factory does not use any sealer other than the gaskets. The countertop substrate is a sponge to any leaking water that may come in contact with it. Our unit is over 1 1/2 years old and we still LOVE it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours was crooked when we picked up our 369. The dealer tech called GD and all he had to do was loosen the nut under the counter, straighten the bowl and retighten the nut. I think he may have used a plumbers flip wrench. They are not very expensive at Lowes or Home Depot. I think I will have to retighten ours as I don't know if he got it tight enough. It is a simple operation. Hope this helps.
    Tom
    Gen & Tom - Arnold, MO.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #924
    2013 Chevy 3500HD 4X4 Dually 6.6L Duramax
    Trailer Saver Air Hitch
    RVing since 1982

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same problem with the large bowl in the kitchen sink of my 369rl. I had to remove the drain and remove the gasket reinstall it with plumbers putty and now everything is working just fine. It is a 2 ½ hour drive to the dealer to fix things like that so I do them myself. Do you have a problem with water staying in the toilet bowl? Mine has a slow leak so the water I leave in the bowl, about ¼ inch is gone in a few hours. Anyone have a solution for this?
    Richard & Sandy
    Solitude 369rl #2954
    2014 Ram 3500 Super cab, Ram box 6.7 Cummins 4X4 SRW
    Charleston area SC