Thread: Silence?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silence?

OK - what were GD thinking?.

I like to stay up late and watch midnight TV and to allow my better half to get some sleep I plug myself into headphones. Now on my Solitude I have a cheap TCL Tv and a Jensen DVD player neither of which has a headphone socket. I have bought an RCA to 3.5mm adapter which I have plugged into the back of the Jensen that allows the headphones to work buy does not allow me to adjust the volume level!

So now looking at changing the Roku for a new one (at $80) just to get a headphone jack .... not a happy camper..
    2020 Solitude S Class 2930RL-R
    2019 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LTZ

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJG1960 View Post
    OK - what were GD thinking?.

I like to stay up late and watch midnight TV and to allow my better half to get some sleep I plug myself into headphones. Now on my Solitude I have a cheap TCL Tv and a Jensen DVD player neither of which has a headphone socket. I have bought an RCA to 3.5mm adapter which I have plugged into the back of the Jensen that allows the headphones to work buy does not allow me to adjust the volume level!

So now looking at changing the Roku for a new one (at $80) just to get a headphone jack .... not a happy camper..
    Welcome to 2019. New phones and tablets no longer have jacks either. If it were me, I would think seriously about buying a smart TV and using a Bluetooth headset.

No argument about the TCL TV being crap though.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had already replaced the TCL in our rig with a Samsung TV - but it didn't have Bluetooth, either. I purchased a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver with optical and analog inputs and outputs as well as pass-through capabilities. It passes the signal (via digital optical) through to the sound bar when that's in use or transmits to my Bluetooth headphones when I don't want to bother my wife (or, on rare occasion, vice versa). Simple, inexpensive, and works well.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a better solution. Kelly takes out her hearing aids, so I can watch TV in the bedroom if I turn the brightness down. I can also vacuum the bedroom and not wake her up. It allows me to gets lots of stuff done the nights I stay up all night.