User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bottom line has focused on the maximum payload calculation. If my TV can't handle a 25% pin weight of my future RV (301GK, GVWR 15K lbs), in addition to any other weight that may go in the truck, then to me, the TV just isn't right for the job. It's better to be safe than sorry and not having to wring my hands and fret if I'll be over payload. I just didn't find any SRW configuration that could satisfy my concerns with payload. That's why I'm going with a DRW, which I know will eliminate all worries, plus, it gives me the option to upgrade to a larger RV in the future if we choose to do so. The picture tells a payload story to think about
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PayloadIssue.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	23857

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday, I pulled the trigger on a new truck. We went with the 2019 F350 4X4 CC, Laramie, 4:10 axle, DRW at $750 over invoice. It's still a chunk of change to outlay, but it's well equipped with the bells and whistles that will make traveling nicer for us. Any worries I ever had with exceeding payload have now evaporated. Next up is the RV purchase and then we'll start taking some short trips to shake down the rig and get more familiar/comfortable with everything before longer excursions. To me, my choice of TV gives me immediate peace of mind, as well as future flexibility if we ever decide to go larger than the 310GK. Doubtful at this point, but who knows ;-) I'm appreciative of this forum and many postings that have caused a lot of hard / critical thinking on my part, based on other's experiences that's lead me to the "what's best for me" decision. Thanks to everyone!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234