Hi All - New member, also new to RV-ing in general. Looking to invest in both a travel trailer and a tow vehicle in the very near term. I know decision on one certainly affects the other...which makes the research and buying doubly complex

We've almost narrowed down the TT to a bunkhouse (2800BH), lighter weight and ticks all the boxes for our family needs...2 adults + 2 young boys.

Now the fun debate on what the appropriate TV begins. Lots of experience and expertise on these forums so I'd love to hear feedback and opinions based on some of the parameters I'm working with. No right answer, just looking for educated opinions to help with the decision.

Here goes::
- TV will be my primary commuter, 30 mins daily, plus some weekend running around town, in addition to the camper trips - hence leaning toward a gas engine
- Looking at maybe 5-10 weekend/long weekend trip + 2 to 3 week long trips per year (working around kids school schedule)
- Don't see full time RVing in the future, at least not for another 10+ years
- If we do go that route way out in the future, will definetly consider a fifth wheel at that point, for now thing travel trailer suits our needs
- Budgeting around ~40k for the tow vehicle
- FWIW, I like the GMC Sierra, purely aesthetics, so presently debating between a 2019 loaded 1500 SLT (lots of good model year end deals out there) vs used late model 2500HD SLT or Denali....definitely open to hearing recommendations for other brand options.

Thanks everyone.