User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stinky smell in bedroom

Problem: during my shower the other night, it was brought to my attention that the bedroom began to stink. AC was on in bedroom, ceiling vent was open in bathroom. Bath didn’t smell just bedroom. Anyone else have this going on. Oh just dumped 3 days ago. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that message a lot from the wifeeee..... so I got some shoe spray to freshen those up after I take them off..

Seriously... what kind of smell?
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I get that message a lot from the wifeeee..... so I got some shoe spray to freshen those up after I take them off..

Seriously... what kind of smell?
    Its a sewer smell. Maybe not from black tank but definitely sewer smell.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a sewer smell. Maybe not from black tank but definitely sewer smell

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assumed it would be a sewer smell but just wanted to verify it. Sometimes we get a smell in the bathroom when running the washing machine. We still haven’t figured out the exact circumstances (A/C on/odd, windows open/closed/ bathroom fan running or not running, etc...). My only guess/suggestion at this point is to check to be sure your drain pipe for the washer/dryer hookup is capped off assuming you have that connection in the bedroom and don’t have the W/D connected.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most often the issue is the with the Air Admittance Valve (AAV) not functioning properly. See this thread with my post #52 with pictures along with many posts from other members. Since you have not shared which GDRV you have, I am not certain of the location and numbers of AAVs (if any) you may have but this is usually a good place to start. There are several threads on stink, smell, AAVs, etc. over the years:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ighlight=stink

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree with Dan. I had the same smell, changed the AAV, problem gone.

Cheap and VERY easy fix. Literally 15 minutes and no tools (just a little Teflon tape). My valve was under the bathroom sink.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes if you have the fan on reverse it will suck up sewer stinks from the drains. Close the sink drain and see if that helps. When the smell starts have her or you open the sink cabinet and see if it is worse under there. ( the AAV is usually under the sink up high in the cabinet.) If it is worse, that will likely be the AAV causing it,
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Most often the issue is the with the Air Admittance Valve (AAV) not functioning properly. See this thread with my post #52 with pictures along with many posts from other members. Since you have not shared which GDRV you have, I am not certain of the location and numbers of AAVs (if any) you may have but this is usually a good place to start. There are several threads on stink, smell, AAVs, etc. over the years:

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ighlight=stink

Dan
    Ditto, @Yellowdog, mine under bathroom sink, easy to screw off the old one and screw on the new one. (Kitchen one not so easy!)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/STUDOR-1...0341/202275238
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a washer option in your Rv? I had the same problem and someone on this site saved me a ton of effort and told me about the problems with those hook ups on my 5th wheel. If the washer hookups are not being used the water in those lines becomes stagnant and trickles back into the water lines. During a shower you’ll get a sewer smell for the first minute or 2. If you have washer hook ups connect a hose into a bucket and flush the lines. It sounds crazy but true

When I first asked for help everyone kept pointing me to the AAV value. Changed it and didn’t fix. As soon as I opened the water lines in the washer hook ups I could instantly smell the water was stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowdog View Post
    Problem: during my shower the other night, it was brought to my attention that the bedroom began to stink. AC was on in bedroom, ceiling vent was open in bathroom. Bath didn’t smell just bedroom. Anyone else have this going on. Oh just dumped 3 days ago. Thanks
    Last edited by JCRICHRI; 11-16-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast