Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oregon Coast RV Park

A couple years ago we met an older couple who had just finished traveling the Oregon Coast. They told us about a place near the water and I think a marina.

Apparently there was a place nearby where you could rent hoop nets/crab traps then walk to the end of the dock and catch crab. After catching these crab, you could take them across the street to a restaurant where they would be cooked for you. The prices may have gone up but I think all this cost less than $30 at the time.

We have not been able to remember where this place is. Does anyone know of something similar or know where I may be talking about? Thanks!
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbostinker View Post
    A couple years ago we met an older couple who had just finished traveling the Oregon Coast. They told us about a place near the water and I think a marina.

Apparently there was a place nearby where you could rent hoop nets/crab traps then walk to the end of the dock and catch crab. After catching these crab, you could take them across the street to a restaurant where they would be cooked for you. The prices may have gone up but I think all this cost less than $30 at the time.

We have not been able to remember where this place is. Does anyone know of something similar or know where I may be talking about? Thanks!
    Google crabbing docks, Oregon and you will find a bunch of them along the coast. Crabbing is very popular.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.sunrvresorts.com/blog/vi...ide-rv-resort/

Oceanside RV Resort has crab nets available. Marina, docks, bait shop are a few miles away heading back into Coos Bay. Highly recommend Oceanside RV Resort.