User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimtheToolMan View Post
    Could you post photos of the yellow labels showing measured UVW as you mentioned and where you found the campers? I would like to see what options the camper has on them for a given weight. The photos that I posted above were photos from campers found on the web. I could not find any that had less weight.

Also, there is a real chance that some of the weight variation is caused by the factory measuring camper weight when there is still some water in the tanks. I did not try to fully get to the bottom of this because I gave up on purchasing the 17MKE because of the low wet CCC. This is based on the factory's supervisor (?) surprise with some of the weights on the stickers.

I recommend anyone purchasing a camper from any company to weigh it on the way home from delivery and now and then once the camper is loaded. Either fill the fresh tank with water or manually add the fresh water weight. Compare this total to the GVWR to determine the actual wCCC.
    No sticker on this one. Because the listed UVW was considerable higher than the list UVW from Grand Design's site, I'm assuming it came from the sticker. I know, not very bright to assume.

https://terryfrazersrv.com/inventory...dbb707f227b12/

Sticker on this one.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...MKE-5009548941

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sticker you reference has GVWR 5795 with a UVW of 4814. The CCC is listed at 941. This CCC is the result of GVWR-UVW-full LPG load, 5795-4814-40=941. Excludes all fresh water.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem, as I see it, no matter which sticker, or trim, the 17mke has inadequate CCC. Also, it gets very frustrating trying to find this information on the web.

KorKoro

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KORKORO View Post
    The problem, as I see it, no matter which sticker, or trim, the 17mke has inadequate CCC. Also, it gets very frustrating trying to find this information on the web.

KorKoro
    You are absolutely correct. The 941 CCC listed becomes ridiculously low when the fresh water capacity is included, The specs on the MKE17 show 43 gallon fresh and 6 gallon hot water tank. If you wanted to carry all your fresh with you, that’s 49 gallons of fresh, or using GDRV figures of 8.3 pounds per gallon some 400 pounds of water. Add even 40 pounds for a battery and that 941 CCC becomes more like 500 pounds. Using two 6 volt batteries, common for non-hookup campers and the total useable CCC is like 450 pounds. That is not very much.
    This is not really much different from other models in the Imagine line-up.
    Judy & Larry
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    You are absolutely correct. The 941 CCC listed becomes ridiculously low when the fresh water capacity is included, The specs on the MKE17 show 43 gallon fresh and 6 gallon hot water tank. If you wanted to carry all your fresh with you, that’s 49 gallons of fresh, or using GDRV figures of 8.3 pounds per gallon some 400 pounds of water. Add even 40 pounds for a battery and that 941 CCC becomes more like 500 pounds. Using two 6 volt batteries, common for non-hookup campers and the total useable CCC is like 450 pounds. That is not very much.
    This is not really much different from other models in the Imagine line-up.
    I really wanted to fit the 17mke into my plans. I'll be 90% by myself and the 17mke would be perfect. However, I plan on dry camping a lot and will install a 400w solar array with either 60 lbs. of lithium batteries, or 240 lbs. of 6 volts.

100 lbs. of panels charger, inverter and associated wires and such.
    400 lbs. water
    60 lbs. lithium batteries
    40 lbs. LP
    Total with lithium = 600 lbs.

Total with 6 volt = 740 lbs.

It's just not going to fit into my plans.

KorKoro

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now if the frame will support it, changing out the 3000 pound axles to even 3500s would probably give you the CCC you need.
    Judy & Larry

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This loading sticker shows 1095 pounds, which came from a unit that we saw in Denver. I am reasonably sure that it had the same options as the 856 pound sticker in post #1 , which also came from the same dealer. This weight difference likely was caused by the 856 pound unit having some water in tanks when it was weighted.

This higher figure is somewhat better but still insufficient for most usersClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191203_110400525.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	24157.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if anyone knows when a unit gets its MSO, manufacturers statement of origin? The VIN is assigned and all weight stickers are completed as the last step on the line, the way I understand it. Testing and even if water is added is done once the unit leaves the line. As the UVW is dry weight, I can’t see why any manufacturer would test the plumbing and then drain the unit, then weigh it providing an MSO. Your explanation makes sense, but can’t see it happening.
    Judy & Larry

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Wonder if anyone knows when a unit gets its MSO, manufacturers statement of origin? The VIN is assigned and all weight stickers are completed as the last step on the line, the way I understand it. Testing and even if water is added is done once the unit leaves the line. As the UVW is dry weight, I can’t see why any manufacturer would test the plumbing and then drain the unit, then weigh it providing an MSO. Your explanation makes sense, but can’t see it happening.
    I can tell you for certain that this is the case with FR having been to their factories for each of our previous models. There was no wet testing till off the assembly floor. Would be interesting to know if GD does it differently. Nonetheless, you really cannot say if units being compared are equal unless comparing build sheet to build sheet. Listing descriptions by dealers miss plenty, and something simple like a factory slide topper can eat some CCC.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the literature for the XLS there is only one option: the dinette (in lieu of the stadium sofa). This is also what I saw in three different units, in two different locations. Slide cover is a dealer install option, which as mentioned, further reduces stated CCC.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	24159
    Last edited by TimtheToolMan; 01-05-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast