User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    Thanks for the info. It does appear that the dealer is quoting the weight info off the GD website instead of the actual weight info of the trailers he has in stock. I'll be checking on Monday. After I see the actual numbers it will be time to start adding up the weight of things I will be putting in the trailer including, water, propane, and batteries. If I decide to purchase the trailer I'll stop at a scale and actually weigh it before putting anything in it. That weight should include two full 20 lb propane tanks and a battery. Some stuff I can carry in my truck which has a CCC of 1741 lbs according to the sticker on the door panel. It's just the wife and I so I should be able to put my two 2200W generators, tools, and some other stuff that probably won't total over 500 lbs in the truck. What I need to find out is if the weights listed include a full tank of gas. The truck has a 36 gallon gas tank.
    Door sticker payload includes fuel, IMO. Think about it, a 36 gallon tank would have a weight in the 300 pound range, your payload is not 1441.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Door sticker payload includes fuel, IMO. Think about it, a 36 gallon tank would have a weight in the 300 pound range, your payload is not 1441.
    You are probably right. I read so much stuff about truck weights, trailer weights, combined weights, etc. it's all a jumble. But I vaguely recall that the weight on the sticker included a full tank of gas and the driver. What I don't recall is how much weight they allowed for the driver. I don't plan to put that much stuff in the truck so with just the wife and I we should be good.

I'm leaving in less than a hour to see the trailer for the first time (Imagine XLS 17MKE) and if it checks out, as I anticipate it will, buy it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    You are probably right. I read so much stuff about truck weights, trailer weights, combined weights, etc. it's all a jumble. But I vaguely recall that the weight on the sticker included a full tank of gas and the driver. What I don't recall is how much weight they allowed for the driver. I don't plan to put that much stuff in the truck so with just the wife and I we should be good.

I'm leaving in less than a hour to see the trailer for the first time (Imagine XLS 17MKE) and if it checks out, as I anticipate it will, buy it.
    It can be mind boggling, that's for sure. Take your time and think it through. BTW, payload sticker value includes everything you put in the cab or the box, including the driver. For example my truck has a payload of 1400 pounds, which is about 1350 after adding a tonneau cover. When the two of us, about 300 pounds and 300 pounds of St Bernard hit the road, my hitch weight can't be over 750 pounds - scaled at 728 last year. Good luck with the trailer!
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    It can be mind boggling, that's for sure. Take your time and think it through. BTW, payload sticker value includes everything you put in the cab or the box, including the driver. For example my truck has a payload of 1400 pounds, which is about 1350 after adding a tonneau cover. When the two of us, about 300 pounds and 300 pounds of St Bernard hit the road, my hitch weight can't be over 750 pounds - scaled at 728 last year. Good luck with the trailer!
    Well we bought it. I was looking at the sticker on the trailer and it indicated it had a CCC of 1607 lbs. I should have taken a picture of the sticker. The salesman said something about it being a recent model and they beefed up the suspension. Unfortunately we had an engagement we had to make so I didn't press him for details. Besides it didn't really make any difference because the wife loved the trailer so we were buying it regardless.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345