User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Floor Replacement?

Anyone had a vinyl floor replacement done at the factory? Was about to purchase a new ‘19 2400BH and come to find out there has been some kind of reaction between vinyl and glue to cause spotting. GD is offering to pickup, repair and deliver the unit AFTER we buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ljgranger View Post
    Anyone had a vinyl floor replacement done at the factory? Was about to purchase a new ‘19 2400BH and come to find out there has been some kind of reaction between vinyl and glue to cause spotting. GD is offering to pickup, repair and deliver the unit AFTER we buy it.

It will never be like the floor you have now. The factory installs the floor before they put cabinets in therefore the floor goes under the furniture and cabinets. They will cut the floor around that stuff if the replace it. I would make them find me another unit. After all you are buying a new camper not one that has been repaired.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokensalem View Post
    It will never be like the floor you have now. The factory installs the floor before they put cabinets in therefore the floor goes under the furniture and cabinets. They will cut the floor around that stuff if the replace it. I would make them find me another unit. After all you are buying a new camper not one that has been repaired.
    Our floor was replaced and they stripped the entire kitchen to put the vinyl underneath the cabinets. GD does repairs the correct way and does not cut corners as the above poster suggested.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    Our floor was replaced and they stripped the entire kitchen to put the vinyl underneath the cabinets. GD does repairs the correct way and does not cut corners as the above poster suggested.

I agree with Sandi. When our floor was replaced all the cabinets & their contents were removed so the new flooring could be replaced under them. Don't know where Hokensalem got their information from.
    Jim and Kathy Marker - Ramona, Ca.
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1277 (AKA - "Tudee")
    2014 3500 Ram Laramie HD Dually Crew Cab 4x4 -6.7 Cummins with Aisin Tranny (AKA - "Big Foot")
    50 gal Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
    Curt Q24 Hitch
    2002 2500 Chevy LB HD Duramax Crew Cab- Retired
    EEZRV TPMS- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...tesMap_1_1.gif
    http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...ovincesMap.gif

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find a different trailer. No use buying a new fixer upper.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    I agree with Sandi. When our floor was replaced all the cabinets & their contents were removed so the new flooring could be replaced under them. Don't know where Hokensalem got their information from.
    I got it from seeing one that had been done.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hesitated to say this but just so you know... this is the process they use if a floor has a flaw in QA. So there is no guarantee your brand new rig hasn’t had this done.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went ahead and bought this 2400BH 2019. Got it last week. I have gone all over that floor and I can’t find a single sign it was replaced. Kind of amazing.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vinyl floor snaps, crackles and pops when walking on it.

I have taken it in many times for my floor, and finally GD picked it up from the place of purchase and brought it to the factory. Well, what a waste because they couldn't fix it. I was told that because of the tanks that it was unrepairable, that my tanks would be to low for traveling. So, I was told to live with it. When I received my Imagine 2600RB back I went camping and my kitchen faucet leaked, and my refrigerator didn't work. They took out all the cupboards, sink, stove and Fridge to try and fix the floor. When they put it back together again they didn't tighten up the water supply lines and it soaked the wall and floor. When I asked what they were going to do when the water damage started to rot the wall and floor, I was told that they wouldn't do anything. That I should have it checked out right away, at my expense, for damage. Well we all know that the damage doesn't show for a year or two, and having it checked out at that time would not have shown a thing. So, I wish you the best of luck with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ljgranger View Post