Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Storage tray slide feedback

I am interested in installing a storage tray slide that can be drawn out from either side of the fifth wheel. For those of you that have something similar, is it worth the money and are they convenient to use ?

Thank you in advance,

Gordo Fuchs
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

We live wherever you find us, we are full-time travelers.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gordon's, I have been interested in those, as well. They are certainly convenient and well built but they eat up a bit of room, probably 1000 cubic inches in the drawer that I looked at. I had a hard time with the price and used the space as an excuse.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    David, Judy, and Roscoe
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2013 Ram 3500 6.7l Cummins LB 4WD SRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also looked at them and it appeared I'd lose some storage space and gain 300+ pounds in weight, so I passed as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm researching this topic again for my '17 397H. I'm not sure they will work with a full across (90") 2 way slide or a (60") 1/2 slide. They all seem to have to have the use of carriage style bolts. That means the bolts go ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE FLOOR. I'm pretty sure there are grey #1 and the master bath black holding that might be in the way or removed to access the nut side on the bottom side of the floor. I have a tank layout .pdf that shows both tanks may be in the way.
    I did see two posts on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1714...storage%20tray
    2nd FB post : Mike Broutzos I am in the middle of installing a 36" x 90" tray in my 303. What's nice about the 90" length is it will slide out on both sides. I have to be careful, under my storage floor are my black and 1 gray tanks. Added trek boards and I am bolting then to the outside lip of the I frame thru the storage floor.. Then I will place my tray on them. Bought mine on Amazon too. Best price. Got it from RadAuto. They have a 100% positive reviews. I had a problem with shipping. I called RadAuto and they called shipping company and solved the issue. Delivered to my house just the way I needed it delivered!

Any new thoughts or actually installs? Thanks in advance!
    Jack & Cyndy & our rescue Riylee, 2017 Momentum 397TH loaded & Happi-Jack delete. G-rated tires. 2016 Ram 3500 4x4 DRW, 6.7L, Asin AS69RC, 4:10 posi. :o

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I installed on see post 2 on this thread.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...light=basement

After we got out the box it weighed in a 90 lbs and 26X90 inch tray. We did lose some space but made the space more usable. Before installing the tray we had to take items out to access the stuff in the center but with the tray we used clear plastic storage boxes stack two high there were able to easily to access them without removing anything. You have to bolt through the floor but that wasn't a problem in our 310GK. We won't have a 5er or any RV now without one and one of the best mods we have done.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... Are you stating you actually had access from underneath? Carriage from top through guide and floor the come up from below to attach nut? Our 397Th has that plastic full length protection piece that blocks my full view. I may have to drop it to get and idea if I can put the nuts on from below. You answer doesn't clearly state what you used and how much room you had on your model to access nuts.
    Jack & Cyndy & our rescue Riylee, 2017 Momentum 397TH loaded & Happi-Jack delete. G-rated tires. 2016 Ram 3500 4x4 DRW, 6.7L, Asin AS69RC, 4:10 posi. :o

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack & Cyndy View Post
    Hmm... Are you stating you actually had access from underneath? Carriage from top through guide and floor the come up from below to attach nut? Our 397Th has that plastic full length protection piece that blocks my full view. I may have to drop it to get and idea if I can put the nuts on from below. You answer doesn't clearly state what you used and how much room you had on your model to access nuts.
    On the 310GK we drilled all the way though and put the bolts on the bottom. We put large washer, lock washer and nut and sealled with little silcon sealant. We put two in the middle and two at each end and solid.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Sounds like you did it right by spreading the load around each fastener and the sealant. I'll be doing some upgrades over the Memorial Weekend. I'll pull down the panel and peak inside. I will not drop the tanks to install the Morryde CTG60-2690, but if I can access it I will. I have 3 trips planned so far and it would be nice to have this feature.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was nothing under my floor in my basement, it only took 2-inch long lag bolts and probably could with 1 1/2 or 1 1/4 have been plenty long and they went through the floor and out the bottom. The 310 has the drop frame so the floor is one level from side to side.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just installed the MORryde (26" x 90").
    Had to raise it by just over 1/2" to clear the baggage latch catches. Planed down a 3/4" wide wood strip and added it beneath both sides to raise the entire assemble. I estimated the trailer storage decking at 3/4" thick, so with the 1/2" rail I used 1-1/2" long 1/4" lag bolts with a lock washer and fender washer. There were 4 holes on each side large enough to accommodate the 1/4" lag bolts. I then used some 1-1/4" wood screws (smaller diameter, don't recall size) into the remaining holes (maybe 10?).

Slide is solid! Highly recommended.
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW