Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for new places to go.

I am looking for new places to go with the wife and kids 7 & 14. We are in South West VA and have been to lots of places near our house and also Disney, Myrtle beach ( Ocean lakes / Pirate land / Lake wood ) Carowinds Camp ground in NC, James Island state park in Charleston SC. I am looking for nice places to go and relax and also have things to do at the camp ground or the sounding area. We like all things out doors. And in the summer months being around water. Most times we have two families come with us in there campers as well and they to have kids around the same age as ours. We want to go out west but that is for another post. Just looking for places 10 hrs and under from home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for new places to go.

Have you been to Yogi Bear at Luray?

Or either Holiday Travel Park or KOA in Virginia Beach?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay & Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are going to Luray this spring. I will look into the other two in VA Beach. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNCC621 View Post
    We are going to Luray this spring. I will look into the other two in VA Beach. Thanks
    Holiday Travel Park is very nice. Was just there for Halloween.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for Luray, we had a great time there. Look up the Virginia Creeper trail and plan a trip in late September (next year). Bring bikes, it's a great ride with a beautiful view of all the leaves changing colors. There are many small campgrounds, find one on the river.

Disney is fun, we took the camper to Ft Wilderness 3 times when we lived in VA. The cleanest campground you'll ever see.

South Carolina state parks are nice. Our favorite ones were Santee and Devils Fork.

I'd stay away from Va Beach, too much tourism, but I think the campground is right on water access, so that's a plus.

Natural Bridge area of VA is also nice, we stayed at the KOA there.

East side of Smokey Mtns in Cherokee, NC is nice. We would goto River Valley campground which is right on the river and the kids would go tubing in the river. Always a good time there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 11-07-2019 at 08:26 PM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Try ZION, Bryce, Capital Reef, Monument valley (drive through), Arches, Grand Canyon - all in the for corners area of Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona. and Utah.
    Lots of places to see getting there too.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coming from Southwest Virginia, you've always got the Smokies around Gatlinburg for the national park campgrounds and untold numbers of private campgrounds. Tennessee also has state parks in and around the Tri Cities. Lake Norris also has a number of camping facilities--state park and otherwise.

You've also got the campgrounds in Middle Tennessee in and around NashVegas--including a couple of resort state parks.

We now live outside Huntsville, and many campers just take staycations locally at TVA, Corp. of Engineers and State Parks along the Tennessee River. Our RVers don't have to go but a few miles in most cases.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNCC621 View Post
    I am looking for new places to go with the wife and kids 7 & 14. We are in South West VA and have been to lots of places near our house and also Disney, Myrtle beach ( Ocean lakes / Pirate land / Lake wood ) Carowinds Camp ground in NC, James Island state park in Charleston SC. I am looking for nice places to go and relax and also have things to do at the camp ground or the sounding area. We like all things out doors. And in the summer months being around water. Most times we have two families come with us in there campers as well and they to have kids around the same age as ours. We want to go out west but that is for another post. Just looking for places 10 hrs and under from home.
    Notice you've been to Carowinds. If you like amusement parks for the kids, consider Cedar Point in Ohio. Should be around your 10 hour from home. I always wanted to go out there with the kids but never could make it. I've always heard good things about it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We really like Ocean City, Maryland and Frontiertown Campground. Also, Castaway's is very nice. We also like Cape May, New Jersey and have driven the truck and Solitude right on the Lewes/Cape May Ferry for a really fun ride across the bay from Ocean City area to Cape May. We like Big Timber Lake and Ocean View in Cape May.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crater of Diamonds State park in Arkansas, let the kids dig in the dirt for diamonds! FYI they find them pretty regular there. Good Luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast