User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jensen radio antenna?

Brand new Solitude 375res-r. Radio gets almost no reception. Our cheap clock radio gets loads of stations. Is there an antenna for this thing? If so where would it be located? Thanks.

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepfreak View Post
    Brand new Solitude 375res-r. Radio gets almost no reception. Our cheap clock radio gets loads of stations. Is there an antenna for this thing? If so where would it be located? Thanks.
    If the Solitude antenna is similar to the Reflection series, then look for the television antenna booster switch in the ceiling. It may not be located near the antenna. Ours is in the bedroom. The booster light (green on ours) must be on to the radio, which is same setting as watching tv without cable (called over the air). Took me about 6 months to figure that out, and think I read it somewhere.
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^ and if not then check the connection on the back of the radio. Wouldn't be the first time it was loose.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    ^^^^ and if not then check the connection on the back of the radio. Wouldn't be the first time it was loose.
    Ditto @jeepfreak.

I bought a $20 rubber duckie antenna to improve near-zero reception on our radio but when I went to install it I found that the nice-looking crimp on the connector on the back of the radio was the wrong size - I could easily pull the cable out of the connector and put it back in. I tightened the crimp and voila!

To try to resolve your problem and maybe forestall others it's worth checking the tightness of all cable connections you can find in the trailer; not only tightness of the nut on the receptacle but tightness of the connector on the cable. GD rewards fast work over good work and the fiddly job of installing the trailer's cable network often seems to have suffered.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all. You DO have to have the tv antenna booster on. Certainly would have never figured that out on my own. I wonder why GD has no info on the Jensen radio in their info pack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many acceptable locations where an antenna can be mounted such as on your roof, in your attic, on a wall, on the eave of your house, and even on the ground.