User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Newbie - Lurking and learning

Found this forum when we decided on a GD - I am just lurking and learning with the idea that, hopefully, we will be prepared when we decide to purchase.
    We are transitioning from pop-up to hard-sided travel trailer, sold the pop-up and now looking at TT's - the Grand Design seems to be a good fit for us... well made and durable.
    Looking at the 2250RK - just me and the wife and our two dogs (Bailey, a cairn terrier, and Charlie, a Yorkie). We have a 2016 Dodge Ram Laramie V8 with 3.92 gear ratio & 1237lbs cargo capacity.
    I think the only thing we will be close to is the cargo capacity/hitch weight.
    I'd be happy to hear any thoughts and experiences anyone may have with similar equipment.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard. I have no experience with the unit you're looking, but thought I'd at least say hi. There are lots of great people on this site, which I'm sure you've already noticed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you do get a GD.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by funkfool View Post
    Found this forum when we decided on a GD - I am just lurking and learning with the idea that, hopefully, we will be prepared when we decide to purchase.
    We are transitioning from pop-up to hard-sided travel trailer, sold the pop-up and now looking at TT's - the Grand Design seems to be a good fit for us... well made and durable.
    Looking at the 2250RK - just me and the wife and our two dogs (Bailey, a cairn terrier, and Charlie, a Yorkie). We have a 2016 Dodge Ram Laramie V8 with 3.92 gear ratio & 1237lbs cargo capacity.
    I'd be happy to hear any thoughts and experiences anyone may have with similar equipment.
    Hello, The wife and I have had everything from tents to pop-ups to old metal sided travel trailers. We left RVing for a long long while, after a year of research and looking at many brands, Decided on GD and the Imagine 2950RL. Its was a lot longer and heavier than what your looking at. We towed our Imagine with an older 3/4 ton and it did great. We loved our Imagine, never had any problems with it, but it wasn't up to what we needed for fulltime RV living and traveling in any weather, so last Feb we traded up to a "biggin", the Solitude.

Just check your needs & wants boxes, run the RV and Truck numbers and see if she fits. Then go out and make some memories.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome! if you want to learn follow this link , take your time and read it all. Follow some of the links in there. Pretty sure there will be more info than you want !
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site. I would think you'll be fine with your choices. Fully loaded you would be under 7000#. Hope you get it, and enjoy the heck out of it for a long time.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by funkfool View Post
    Welcome! We have a 2020 model 2250Rk and are very happy with it. Our TV is a F150 5.0L Tow Pkg, 2WD, 10sp and it pulls with no issues.
    Best of luck.