User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morryde sliding cargo tray

We have a 2020 2930RL S Class and are looking at installing a sliding cargo tray. Have any other 2930 owners done this upgrade and what size tray did you use. We are looking at the 20 x 60 right now. Look forward to your response.

Steve
    Steve and Connie Mitchell
    Lodi, California
    2020 Solitude S Class 2930RL
    2017 Ram 3500 Crew Cab SRW Cummins
    Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time I did a sliding tray, I had to build it. Went to www.modmyrv.com to see how others had built one. I think I put about $150 into one that would hold 400# (my tool box was about 200# because we owned a Keystone product). I custom built it to fit a specific compartment. I am going to build two of the trays to fit our basement compartment forward of the huge back storage area with OEM tray in the 375RES. I want these trays to open out from the side doors and be back-to-back. Amazon carries the sliding tracks.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input @Dick Noble. I have been considering the Kwikee rails, but I have become a bit lazy and looking for the quickest, easiest way to complete this task. I have spent a little time modifying the basement and was able to get an extra 8 to 10 inches in depth, so I thing I will be able to fit the 60” length fine. I believe I will be going with the Morryde. Looks like laziness wins again.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also consider a combo of racked boxes and tray. In my 3740 (I assume same basement layout) I installed some DeWalt Tough System racks and boxes. You could do this and have a slide out tray as well. Just do not put any boxes low enough for the tray to interfere with access.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 racks.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	23474
    Last edited by cookinwitdiesel; 11-09-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not own a 2930RL, but have been looking closely at the model to determine how I can fit all my items in the basement before I commit to a purchase. I did a layout of the basement size. I was considering using a Morryde 26" x 72" Sliding Tray to maximize the amount of cargo in the basement. The 72" versions offer 80% extension, which is 57.6". I think this amount of slide extension would be of greater benefit to access your items versus the 60% (36") of slide from a 60" long cargo tray. Of course, the 26" wide tray would require that it slides out from the wet bay side of the fifth wheel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grand Design Solitude S-Class 2930RL Basement Size.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	23478

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sliding trays are nice. But they take up storage space. It would be wise to investigate how much you loose on each side of the bay as well as the the bottom space lost (between the storage bay floor and bottom of the tray. And then consider the hight you loose at the door opening trying to put things in and out when the tray is closed (the tray lip also costs about 3 to 4 inches of hight). While you're at it consider that you will lift everything going into that tray an extra 6 inches or so from the ground because of the tray lips/edges. I never had a need for them in a towable and trimmed one down a bit in a class A to regain some lost storage space.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @JEssex I did consider coming out the street side with the slider, but most of the parks we have visited generally have some sort of obstruction be it a shrub or power box. I do have lots of room on curb side after modifications to the back wall allowing a extra 8” of space. I have also considered doing 2 26” x48” on each side.

@traveldawg I understand watch what you are saying about loss of storage space. I used to have my passthru completely filled. After 20 years of RVing I decided to go thru and remove everything I hadn’t used. After I was done I had eliminated about 2/3 of all the stuff I thought I needed. Now I am down to a small Craftsman tool box, fly rod and float tube, Andersen Jacks, 2 chairs, BBQ and propane, fire pit and water filter. My back makes it difficult to climb into the compartment, so the slider is the best option for me.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 337rls 2019 and wondered if anyone knows the floor thickness?
    Don't need to screw into a tank or wiring.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darcyracing View Post
    I have a 337rls 2019 and wondered if anyone knows the floor thickness?
    Don't need to screw into a tank or wiring.
    3/4" or less. I've seen 5/8" mentioned. Mine was 3/4"
    My black and gray tanks are mounted below most of the passthru floor between the I beam frames, sitting ~1/2" to 3/4" below the passthru floor.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 303 and I put in a Morryde sliding tray that extends to both sides. I use it all the time. I got the biggest one that would clear the door openings on either side. I can reach anything now without bending over or moving things out of the way to get something in the middle. There was a few inches of "dead" space between the side and the front, but I could fill it in with long items like brooms, ladders, or even hanging things on that wall. It was expensive, but worth it to me for the ease and convenience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast