Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Soon excited

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon excited

Next week we pick up our 2019 Imagine 2250rk. I can't wait but I'm nervous as this is our first TT. I've never towed anything before. Any suggestions? We have a Ford F 150 3.5l ecoboost that has towing capacity of 12500#. Will that be OK?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the family. While I've always had 3/4 ton trucks to tow our trailers, except for when we had a tent trailer, but I would suspect you'll be quite happy with your F150 and that trailer. Fully loaded the trailer shouldn't put more than about 700lbs on your hitch and with a GVWR of just under 7,000lbs it should be well within the trucks ability to tow. About the only thing you might find necessary would be to have a anti-sway bar style hitch since the trailer is fairly long. A lot of that will be dependent on the length of your truck, with the longer the better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome - there are lots of people here to answer just about any question. As Ramcneal said You should have no issue pulling that trailer, and absolutely get a good quality Load leveling/antisway hitch. I pulled a somewhat smaller TT up until last year with a 1/2 TON CHEVY. Pulled just fine. A friend of mine had a F150 ecoboost pulling a much heavier trailer and had NO issues. Enjoy!!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser