User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    aktravler
    The sewer hose has to go into one of the front compartments, I have a flat plastic tub with a lid and just put the hose in the compartment where the water hook up is, the container keeps the sewer hose from contacting anything in the area. I looked at a Dutchmen Voltage and they have a tube under the frame for storing the hose, these tubes are just black PVC pipe with a threaded cap on the end, they are available after market from any camping supply store or you could make them with a little effort by purchasing the materials at a building supply store!

thompsjk
    Quote Originally Posted by aktravler View Post
    The sewer hose has to go into one of the front compartments, I have a flat plastic tub with a lid and just put the hose in the compartment where the water hook up is, the container keeps the sewer hose from contacting anything in the area. I looked at a Dutchmen Voltage and they have a tube under the frame for storing the hose, these tubes are just black PVC pipe with a threaded cap on the end, they are available after market from any camping supply store or you could make them with a little effort by purchasing the materials at a building supply store!
    My 385TH and my dads 350M has a tube under them for the sewer hose. I thought it was stander equipment on the Momentum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed with thompsjk, mine sewer hose is stored in the tube located under the garage area. Access to is on the street side. To me it's more secure the the old square tube bumper storage I had on my TT
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Traveling Piper
    Hummm, if ours does not come with a tube underneath for storage, that will be the first mod we have. Thompsjk and GD350 are you saying you added these tubes, or they came with your trailer?

thompsjk
    Mine and my dad's came with them. I did however add a second one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine came with it and I want to add a second one as well. Also want to add an air tank and compressor under the garage area for onboard air.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Traveling Piper
    Good idea on the second one also. We have had to really work to get connected at some sites. We have shot off an email to GD to make sure we have one on ours already. We have also been wondering about the China tires, Westlake. One forum warned about how bad they were, but when we ask for an upgrade, we were told that they were good tires and all that were available. What are your opinions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told the same thing about the tires. I figured they are on the unit now, I'll see what they look like after a few hundred miles and then if need be get me a good set of tires for it later. I always check tire pressure and over all look of tires before we leave. That's how I noticed a big cut on my TV tire. I was able to replace it before the trip, but that's why I like to do walk arounds before I leave.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    I was told the same thing about the tires. I figured they are on the unit now, I'll see what they look like after a few hundred miles and then if need be get me a good set of tires for it later. I always check tire pressure and over all look of tires before we leave. That's how I noticed a big cut on my TV tire. I was able to replace it before the trip, but that's why I like to do walk arounds before I leave.
    Our Solitude is about the same weight as the 350M (lighter by about 850 lbs dry) and I think has the same tires. We all have heard from those that have had problems with the Westlakes. Of the thousands of rigs out there with Westlakes, there have been relatively few failures that we've heard about. Personally, with over 10,000 miles on mine....no issues at all. When the time comes, I will replace them with something better, but for now, they are doing just fine. I am a little fanatical about TV and rig air pressures as well as having a TPMS for the rig......and keeping it under 65 MPH.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Traveling Piper
    Good to hear that yours have held up so well thus far. We also are looking at the tire monitors. What brand do you use?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast