User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Traveling Piper

New Momentum toy hauler. 350m class

Still trying to complete an order for the all new model of Momentum 350m class toy hauler. Hopefully will figure out all options and choices and will get the order into Grand Design this week. Its already taken a week. It's with the dealer now- hope he doesn't sit on the order. I can't wait for our new trailer to get here and to be able to share all about it. We were told 3-6 weeks by dealer. It would be an amazing Christmas gift. SO EXCITED. !!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! on your new Toy. Hope it does get here for Christmas. Wishing you many years of happy camping.
    Kamper
    Johnny & Mary
    Henderson, NC 4 Now
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab High Country
    24K Pullrite ISR 5th Wheel Hitch with Super Rails

:cool:

Traveling Piper
    Thanks Kamper. We've had several trailers in the last 30 years, seems funny in our "senior" years to be buying a trailer associated with young people who have fast toys. Lol. We have kayaks and bicycles. Looking forward to seeing lots of amazing scenery in our retirement years.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new toy hauler! We are in our younger years still ( I think anyway-44 yrs) and we have kayaks and bicycles. Better to see and enjoy nature that way. We have a Reflection and Love it, but I had an afterthought that it would have been easier for loading kayaks and bikes in a garage area. As it is now I have 2 bikes on a rack on the back bumper (that I keep praying will not tear off), 2 bikes in bed of truck, and 4 kayaks on rack over cab of truck. Not much fun to load all that. Lol. Always thought of toy haulers for powered toys until that afterthought. Oh well, we still love our Reflection, and all too soon it will only be 2 bikes and kayaks as our son is 16 now. Enjoy your toys and get out and have some fun!!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Traveling Piper
    You are right 44 is young! Glad you are building memories with them while they are around. I'm thinking you look like us before toy hauler. We called our rig "The traveling circus" with our toys attached wherever they would fit. Lol.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why we started lookin at toy haulers as well. I got back into camping after 15 years away from it. When I purchased the TT we thought it was perfect (it was) until we went to our first campground. Everyone around here has golf carts that they drive around on while camping. So we decided to get one as we kept borrowing our friends golf cart. Well to get the golf cart to the campgrounds, I would triple tow. Boy did I have my very own personal train with a total length of 71'. That's a lot to keep up with while traveling, but it also hindered us from going to other states as most don't allow triple tow. That's why when we looked at a new camper and saw the original Monentum E class, we knew that's what we wanted. Only problem was it was a bit heavy for the long haul. That's when I heard they were building lighter units. When we finally got to see a M-Class in person, we signed on the dotted line that day because we felt it was everything (and then some) that we wanted. I love being able to tow now without worrying about the small trailer I couldn't see behind me. Also we are much shorter in length at about 50'.
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Traveling Piper
    We are also thinking about purchasing a golf cart or 4 wheeler, but am not sure what fits in the 350m class. How does yours fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It fits better then I expected. Love the fact I can now take the golf cart with us and not have to worry about it on a smaller trailer I can't see.

This one is how we are going to haul the cart, more to one side, to be able to load other stuff and still get into the coach if need be.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2146.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	1116

Here is it loaded in the center.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1969.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	1117
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the same size Golf Cart we have, I am happy to see it fits in the 350M garage. How does your truck handle that Momentum? I suspect power is not an issue, just wondering about the overall towing experience.
    Steve and Schlonda- Virgie, Kentucky
    2017 Momentum 328M
    Morryde 8K Independent Suspension, Disk Brakes
    2021 GMC Denali 3500 SRW
    Airlift Wireless Air
    B&W Companion Slider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Towing so far has been great. I do feel it back there, and I'm always worried about height restrictions. This unit is about 13'6" tall. It's up there. I've only pulled 48 miles on it so far (been very busy at work where we haven't had time to go do a shake down run) but I did pull It from he dealer empty, then loaded it with the cart and our things and pulled it again. With The cart in the garage, I think it makes a difference in the way it pulls. I also pressure up my bags to 55 psi, this puts the truck with only a 1" squat and my headlights are not shining the tree tops.
    Stephen & Nikki

2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast