User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Chinese tires, I just went out and looked at my tires. I have Goodyears and they were made in Chile. LOL
    i was surprised that a American company like Goodyear would sell tires from Chile . I guess it's hard to find anyone that makes anything in America anymore.
    On a side comment, A country that doesn't manufacture anything is subservient to the country that does.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just put Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT on my truck. I'm sure the Michelins are good for wear, but the traction is lousy here in the mountains of PA. They were bad in Mud - I had to put the truck in 4wd just to get to my friends camp in the mud. Never had to do that in over 20 years going to camp. Don' know about snow yet - we are getting some right now so I'll probably find out today (The state rarely plows our road till ALL of the other roads in our county are done)
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    Michelin has a new E rated tire out called the Agilis. They are introducing this tire and transitioning away from the Defender. Seems like a good tire geared for the commercial market. Going to consider them for my F350 DRW when the time comes for replacement. Michelin builds a great tire. I had Defenders on my last truck got good mileage from them. Current truck (F350 DRW) has Michelin LTX A/T2 from the factory - the tires handle well but seem softer than the Defender (and I assume the Agilis) so they seem to be wearing a bit quickly. I think they go with the softer tires to improve ride feel when folks test drive, etc. I’d just assume have a stiff tire and don’t mind the stiff ride of my truck as it is designed to do big work in towing. If I was worried about ride I’d by another vehicle for in town driving. My other truck is an F550 platform body with G rated 19.5 inch steer/drive tires and they hold up great (and yes a very stiff unloaded ride!) Would love a G rated steer/drive tire option for my F350 that would work with the stock rims/tire size of 245 70 17.
    I’ve read a few times that Ford OEM spec AT2 is a softer tire, the GM and aftermarket spec ones seem to last longer. I’m a fan of the Defender, it does everything well except deep mud. I don’t care for the Agilis since that’s a directional tire and those are less forgiving if you have a bad alignment, feathering or cupping.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12