Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New tires for the truck

Hello folks
    Going onto south to west Texas then turn north to Colorado by April. Looking into new truck tires. Dodge ram 2500 4x4 looking for load range-50% paved all season, 50% BLM dirt sand gravel roads
    What do you pro’s use
    Thanks
    Otto
    Otto @ Susan
    2017 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel
    2018 Imagine 2600RB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodyear silent armor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my stock tires with Bridgestone Duravis All-Terrain, which are a commercial tire and very happy with them, a solid tire.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toyo Open Range AT2, load e...on my second set, got 40K+ on my first.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at www.tirerack.com before you buy. Read the reviews for the tires you are considering. Should be an easy decision after that. Lots of good info, even if you buy elsewhere.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michelin has a new E rated tire out called the Agilis. They are introducing this tire and transitioning away from the Defender. Seems like a good tire geared for the commercial market. Going to consider them for my F350 DRW when the time comes for replacement. Michelin builds a great tire. I had Defenders on my last truck got good mileage from them. Current truck (F350 DRW) has Michelin LTX A/T2 from the factory - the tires handle well but seem softer than the Defender (and I assume the Agilis) so they seem to be wearing a bit quickly. I think they go with the softer tires to improve ride feel when folks test drive, etc. I’d just assume have a stiff tire and don’t mind the stiff ride of my truck as it is designed to do big work in towing. If I was worried about ride I’d by another vehicle for in town driving. My other truck is an F550 platform body with G rated 19.5 inch steer/drive tires and they hold up great (and yes a very stiff unloaded ride!) Would love a G rated steer/drive tire option for my F350 that would work with the stock rims/tire size of 245 70 17.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVRunners View Post
    Michelin has a new E rated tire out called the Agilis. They are introducing this tire and transitioning away from the Defender. Seems like a good tire geared for the commercial market. Going to consider them for my F350 DRW when the time comes for replacement. Michelin builds a great tire. I had Defenders on my last truck got good mileage from them. Current truck (F350 DRW) has Michelin LTX A/T2 from the factory - the tires handle well but seem softer than the Defender (and I assume the Agilis) so they seem to be wearing a bit quickly. I think they go with the softer tires to improve ride feel when folks test drive, etc. I’d just assume have a stiff tire and don’t mind the stiff ride of my truck as it is designed to do big work in towing. If I was worried about ride I’d by another vehicle for in town driving. My other truck is an F550 platform body with G rated 19.5 inch steer/drive tires and they hold up great (and yes a very stiff unloaded ride!) Would love a G rated steer/drive tire option for my F350 that would work with the stock rims/tire size of 245 70 17.
    A word of warning about the Agilis. I’ve always run Michelin’s , so based on past experience and the tire shop’s recommendation I put a set on my dually. I hated them. Rode rough , dropped my fuel mileage , and grabbed / flung rocks like nobody’s business. Around $1800 for a set of six. I ran them 4000 miles and tossed them. The worst part is my factory tires only had 20k on them but I was trying to be proactive since they were Chinese tires. Live and learn.
    Someone else may love them , but I couldn’t take the constant peppering of our fifth wheel.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the Goodyear Silent Armor. Great all around tire and warranty.
    Tim & Lori
    2016 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7L Platinum/60 gal Titan tank
    2018 Reflection 307 MKS
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch
    Haloview MC7108 rear and side cameras
    TST 507 4 Sensor Tire Monitoring System with Color Display

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    A word of warning about the Agilis. I’ve always run Michelin’s , so based on past experience and the tire shop’s recommendation I put a set on my dually. I hated them. Rode rough , dropped my fuel mileage , and grabbed / flung rocks like nobody’s business. Around $1800 for a set of six. I ran them 4000 miles and tossed them. The worst part is my factory tires only had 20k on them but I was trying to be proactive since they were Chinese tires. Live and learn.
    Someone else may love them , but I couldn’t take the constant peppering of our fifth wheel.
    Charlie

Thanks for sharing. I have 20K now on the Michelins that came from the factory and I know that some time later this year I’ll be ready for tires due to the mileage I drive. Definitely will keep shopping. Again it would be so nice if a steer/drive G rated true commercial tire option were available to fit the stock Ford F350 DRW rims.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had E-rated Continental TerrainContacts on my F-150. Compared to the stock tires they took out the squishy feeling when towing but rode harder unloaded (to be expected). They're also one of the few E tires with a mileage guarantee.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast