User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weight distribution hitch

We are going to pick up our 2250RK next weekend. The dealer will install a WDH that they carrier. An Eaz Lift recurve which doesnt seem to get good reviews. Any recommendations? Are all weight distribution hitches anti sway as well? Also, if I buy my own, what size do I buy? Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had an EAZ Lift on a previous TT, I dont reccomend it either. A lot of people on here have good things to say about Blue Ox WDHs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyHeyJJ View Post
    We are going to pick up our 2250RK next weekend. The dealer will install a WDH that they carrier. An Eaz Lift recurve which doesnt seem to get good reviews. Any recommendations? Are all weight distribution hitches anti sway as well? Also, if I buy my own, what size do I buy? Thanks in advance.
    I have been using the Reese Straighline system for 12 years and it works great. I think with the tongue weight of that trailer you should probably use 800 lb bars.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the info. So we just bought a 2019 Ford F 150 3.5 L EcoBoost with max tow package. It has a sway control built in. In some research I'm seeing that we do not need an anti sway hitch. Is that true? And is it bad to have more anti sway?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the info. So we just bought a 2019 Ford F 150 3.5 L EcoBoost with max tow package. It has a sway control built in. In some research I'm seeing that we do not need an anti sway hitch. Is that true? And is it bad to have more anti sway?
    You want to have sway control on the trailer. My understanding is that the factory sway control is not meant to take the place of sway control on the trailer but only there as a safety feature should the worst case happen and the trailer sway control is overcome. I would not tow a RV trailer without sway control for safety reasons. Plus you don't want the truck fighting the trailer for hours on end while you are travelling. Would be very stressful drive.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You still want the sway control bar on your hitch. My last truck was an F150 and I've had the sway control engage. It essentially just slows down the truck. Some sway control bars are not meant to be used when backing up when the truck and trailer are at an angle. Make sure you research whichever one you get to see if that's the case. They typically have two pins that hold them in so it is easy to remove, just dont forget to remove it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are quite new to TTs and we also have the 2250RK which we picked up in August. You will absolutely love the counter space and storage in that model.

Being so new I didn't want towing to be stressful so I opted for the Pro Pride Hitch. For that setup, I ordered the 800 lbs rated one just to leave a bit of buffer from the 575 lbs tongue rating of the 2250RK. I love the Pro Pride. It is similar to a Heinsley hitch, same guy engineered and patented both designs as anti sway. I cannot be more impressed. The rig feels as one single vehicle. It is pricey though and they start building it when you order so about two weeks turnaround. I had the dealer install it because I didn't want to buy another WDH just to get it to the storage site and then install the Pro Pride.

I have used it 4 times so far and backing up doesn't require unhooking the anti sway bars. I had it at darn near to a jackknife and could still keep the TT backing up into it's location. Provincial parks in Ontario Canada have few pull through sites and they leave trees strategically positioned to challenge your skills.

I have been passed by semis without feeling more than my truck cutting through the wind. You should opt for the power cord extension and the chains as well. The hitch makes your rig a bit longer (almost a foot) so the power cord should be extended.

That being said it is quite the investment but it can follow you to the next TT down the road. I paid $3,200 USD for the 800 lbs kit and delivery / customs to Canada ($150) and about $450 Cdn for the dealer to install it. All in, call it about $4,500 Cdn or approx. $3,600 USD.

My research at the time pointed to the Heinsley or Pro Pride for sway elimination. Heinsley never responded to my queries on their site so I gave my $$$ to Pro Pride.

I have a 2012 GMC Sierra Extended Cab with Standard Box (6.5 ft) with max trailering package, 6.2 L V8, 403 HP / 417 ft/lbs. As setup it allows 1,800 lbs of passengers, gear, hitch, tongue weight and can tow up to 10,500 lbs.

Our Imagine TT is a 2019 2250RK with the dinette option instead of the theater seating to make up as a bed for our twin GSPs (my handle on this site is their names).

Richard

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread caught my eye. I have my old Equal-i-zer hitch up for sales in the classifieds. Very popular and effective 4-point setup for weight distribution and sway control for tag alongs.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had sway issues with my Ford F150 and GD 2800BH. Purchased ProPride hitch. Expensive option but virtually eliminated sway.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a Hensley Arrow hitch and we are very happy with it. We bought a factory refurbished hitch direct from Hensley. They buy back their hitches and they replace the bushings, bearings, etc and then repaint it. Then they sell it at a reduced price and still offer a lifetime warranty. ProPride is also a great hitch. Both were designed by the same guy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast