User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Seahawks! View Post
    After a lot of consideration of everything I’ve heard and learned on this board one of the most valuable has been the discussion on weights and tow vehicle. Misterpiano’s breakdown on the importance of a sway-eliminating hitch induced me to research both Hensley and ProPride. In the end, I wasn’t comfortable with the thought of towing close to 8000# for long distances behind my F-150 with a 7000# GVWR rating and less than 2000# payload. Could it do it? Absolutely. But it would be too close to the truck’s rated payload for my peace of mind. Soooo... we are welcoming a new 2019 F-350 Lariat to the stable. 11500# GVWR and 3950# payload. It also has anti-sway and a towing technology package that includes adaptive steering, ultimate tow camera system and lane-keeping alert. No longer are we restricted to looking at the Imagine series! We (actually I, my wife would go bigger) want to keep the coach length around 30’ but haven’t started looking at other GD series yet.
    Good job getting the right tool for the job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Seahawks! View Post
    My wife and I are getting out of boating and back into camping. We‘ve started looking at and researching brand and models that are half-ton towable (Ford F-150 Ecoboost). There are a TON of options to consider. Budget is of course important but we are not afraid of paying more for a premium product IF the value is there. Our plans are to use the trailer several times a year for a week or two at a time, so we need/want something that stands up to use. We looked at the Grand Design 2500RL and 2670MK models. GD seems to be a well-built product but like most anything you find a mix of good and bad reviews online. I’m looking here for any frank and honest feedback. What do you like about the brand/model you have? What don’t you like? What would you change? Problems? Customer service? Warranty responsiveness and willingness to take ownership of problems? Perception of value compared to other “premium” brands? Etc., etc. TIA!
    I am like the rest, I don't think that GD are necessarily built better. I have a F-150 3.5l Ecoboost and a 2500RL. I bought a GD based on all the comments on customer service after the sale. I also echo others statements about the selling dealer being important. I found a great price about 3 hours from home. The entire sale was smooth. No issues. On the 3rd trip I have a brake shoe return spring brake. The distance to the selling dealer made me decide to do the work myself, but I had to work through the dealer to get the parts. It has now been a month. I am getting the last part today.

To the credit of the dealer, they were helpful. The issue I have is having your TT out of commission 1/12 months of the warranty bothers me. Especially when I get no updates as to where the parts are. I finally contacted GD myself to get the ETA on the final part.

FWIW - I feel the 2500RL is too big and heavy for any 1/2 ton pickup. I know my truck has plenty of towing capacity. That is not the issue. You just feel the trailer weight trying to push you at times. It is just me and my wife. I wish I had purchased a smaller, lighter trailer. Just my $0.02.
    Last edited by SJMaye; 11-21-2019 at 05:32 AM.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    I am like the rest, I don't think that GD are necessarily built better. I have a F-150 3.5l Ecoboost and a 2500RL. I bought a GD based on all the comments on customer service after the sale. I also echo others statements about the selling dealer being important. I found a great price about 3 hours from home. The entire sale was smooth. No issues. On the 3rd trip I have a brake shoe return spring brake. The distance to the selling dealer made me decide to do the work myself, but I had to work through the dealer to get the parts. It has now been a month. I am getting the last part today.

To the credit of the dealer, they were helpful. The issue I have is having your TT out of commission 1/12 months of the warranty bothers me. Especially when I get no updates as to where the parts are. I finally contacted GD myself to get the ETA on the final part.

FWIW - I feel the 2500RL is too big and heavy for any 1/2 ton pickup. I know my truck has plenty of towing capacity. That is not the issue. You just feel the trailer weight trying to push you at times. It is just me and my wife. I wish I had purchased a smaller, lighter trailer. Just my $0.02.
    More good information and insights. Your last paragraph sums up my thoughts on a 1/2 ton TV for these size trailers. Hence spending the $$ now for a bigger truck. I like margins of safety. Thanks!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A457940A-D3AD-4EBE-87DC-A93A1C61C643.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	23702
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F9FB9B2F-5E9F-4575-96BB-892D08587765.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	23703

Got the truck, now need to sell a boat to free up funds for the trailer. Anyone looking for a Bayliner 4087 in the Pacific Northwest? ��

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234