User Tag List

Thread: Heater Air Flow

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heater Air Flow

The heater airflow in my Reflection 367BHS really kinda sucks. Airflow in the bunkhouse through that vent is fantastic. Elsewhere barely moves a napkin. In addition, the hose for the front half of the 5er kept falling off.. fixed that. When I was in there, I turned the heater on and the flow from the hose was really low. No obstruction in the hose.

Im wondering if there is a higher output fan motor I could use as an option? Or any other ideas anyone might have.

There is no vent obstructions or kinked vent hoses in the underside. Just low air output.

Thanks in advance for any ideas anyone may have implemented.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try placing a re-stricter at the opening in the BH. Air, like water will take the path of least resistance and the BH is the easiest outlet.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea.. Thanks... I'll try it this weekend

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    The heater airflow in my Reflection 367BHS really kinda sucks. Airflow in the bunkhouse through that vent is fantastic. Elsewhere barely moves a napkin. In addition, the hose for the front half of the 5er kept falling off.. fixed that. When I was in there, I turned the heater on and the flow from the hose was really low. No obstruction in the hose.

Im wondering if there is a higher output fan motor I could use as an option? Or any other ideas anyone might have.

There is no vent obstructions or kinked vent hoses in the underside. Just low air output.

Thanks in advance for any ideas anyone may have implemented.

Mike
    If you still have this problem you should take off your vent registers to see if GD actually connected ductwork to them or just cut a hole in the floor hoping the air would magically flow. See the picture below of under the bathroom vanity. No duct work installed, just a hole in the floor.

Also, for the low flow vents you could install 12 volt in-duct blowers to increase air flow. I'm going to do that in my rear ducts on my 290bh.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210503-181515_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	33887