User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you try and push up on the sagged area to see if it feels like something is there?
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did the problem turn out to be?
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post
    Thank you...calling an RV tech today...I don't want to mess around with trying to remove the screws! I'm also wondering if it has compromised my blank tank as having more sewage odor lately too.

Any updates ? Curious minds want to know what resulted from the sag
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would immediately expose that area and make a good check of the tank support trips. We bought our 307 MKS Reflection in early 2017. On our way back to TX, our grey tank 2 broke loose and started to hang down just like yours. Problem was that factory had installed the temp screws in the strap hangars for tank placement during assembly, but neglected to come back and install the main hanger bolts. Tanks dropped down about 8", all tank plumbing broke. It was covered by warranty, but we had to limp home with no ability to use the kitchen sink. Ordering new tank and subsequent repairs to 3 MONTHS!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh No!! That's terrible!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update to Bulging/Bowed Underbelly

We called out an RV Tech who asked us if we were 150% sure we had never overfilled the black tank or other tanks. We have not ever done the black tank but once we did have the kitchen sink back up into the sink. Anyway, the tech came out on Wednesday, 11/13 and cut a three sided flap(like 3 inches long and 2 inches on the sides) in two areas in the "underbelly" and fluid came gushing out...it did smell a little but the water was pretty clear. He said he thinks that one of the tanks have a tear in them or a maybe something has disconnected. He said he could test the tanks and charge us or we could do it ourselves to diagnose the problem. He also said that we should always have both gray tanks open, which we happened to do the week before this issue. So for the last several days I kept checking the underbelly and there has been nothing in there, nor has anything leaked (put newspaper under the rv where the flaps are). On Sunday, 11/17 we tested the black tank - emptied it, then ran water through it with the tank open to the sewer...no leaking. We then closed the black valve and added 30 gallons of water through the toilet. No leaking. Dumped that and then put 30 gallons in through the cleanout area. No leaking. So we don't think it is the black tank. On Sunday we tested the kitchen gray tank by closing the valve and added 30 gallons of water via the faucet. No leaking, however my husband felt he could smell a slight sewer odor...but maybe that was our neighbor dumping? Anyway, we closed that tank yesterday so see if maybe it will leak...no leak as of today. Today we will test the bathroom/shower gray tank. And after that our fresh water tank.

Back in July I posted a question about sewer odor in the RV and since then, little by little it had been getting worse. I would end up dumping the black tank after only 2 days to get rid of the smell, and it DID go away after I dumped the black and then then our two gray tanks. I would then close all them up. Since the "fluid" has been released from the underbelly, and the two gray tanks open, black closed, we have NO sewer smell at all. This is still quite the puzzle. Are these two separate issues or are they somehow related?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you have done some good testing. You mentioned “once we did have the kitchen sink back up into the sink”. You might want to fill the kitchen tank until it backs up into the sink and see if it leaks. Backing water up into the sink will put pressure on all of the drain joints going to the tank. If you have a bad glue job on a joint it may not leak without the added pressure from water of standing in the sink.
    Last edited by J&J___; 11-18-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    Did you try and push up on the sagged area to see if it feels like something is there?
    Yes and fluid did come out.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have now tested all our tanks, even fresh water and do not see any leaks below. Although it may very well be that overflowing the sink one time did cause water to go into the underbelly area, we do not want to do this again! The RV tech also said it is not good to overflow the tanks. We will just keep our gray tanks open from now on and keep an eye on the underbelly. Thank you EVERYONE for your help.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I am now wondering if maybe we have had water in the underbelly for some time, and whenever the black tank started filling up, it would press on the underbelly water and cause the odor? Now that the underbelly no longer has any fluid in it, we have zero sewer odor.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast