User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buldging/Bowed Floor underside of RV

I recently went under our RV, about where I believe the two gray and one black water tanks are. The black cardboard like board is bowed and looks to be ripping away from the screws. I've attached some photos. I am concerned that maybe some support bracket or something has detached and the tanks are weighing down on this covering?

Has anyone else seen this and is it something I need to take to get looked at? I am worried that we will be driving and suddenly our tanks will fall out!!

Thanks for your help.

Terry Ann
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camper Use First.jpg   Camper 1.jpg   Camper 2 showing Bolt Dead On.jpg  

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a small drill bit (1/4”) and poke a hole at the lowest point. There’s a very good chance you may have some water up in there. If there is, it’ll drain out through that hole. If not, a small piece of duct tape will cover it and reseal it with no problem.

EDIT: I took a closer look at the photos, and I don’t think it’s water. You may have a support strap that came loose. I’d still try drilling the small hole though.
    Last edited by jim1521; 11-10-2019 at 01:58 PM.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If it were mine I wouldn't be just drilling holes because there are lots of wires and ducts and who knows what up there. I'd remove as many of the screws along the side as I can and just take a flashlight and look. There's no mystery about most of this stuff but, again, I wouldn't drill without checking what your drilling in to.

For the record, that material is called coroplast. Same material they make signs out of.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Poppy about drilling without looking first. If anything, maybe a small shallow cut barely enough to make a hole to see if water comes out. That's a pretty good bow for there not to have been water at one time.

I moved the thread to the general tech topic, follow the redirect.
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 11-10-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m talking about a 1/4” hole/cut/puncture (insert your favorite noun here) in the coroplast- which is in itself only about 1/4” thick - is not going to cut into any wiring or critical components.
    2020 Riverstone 39FK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1521 View Post
    Take a small drill bit (1/4”) and poke a hole at the lowest point. There’s a very good chance you may have some water up in there. If there is, it’ll drain out through that hole. If not, a small piece of duct tape will cover it and reseal it with no problem.

EDIT: I took a closer look at the photos, and I don’t think it’s water. You may have a support strap that came loose. I’d still try drilling the small hole though.
    Thank you...calling an RV tech today!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you...calling an RV tech today...I don't want to mess around with trying to remove the screws! I'm also wondering if it has compromised my blank tank as having more sewage odor lately too.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you...I am not sure I am replying to everyone's helpful info, so I am again posting that I am calling an RV tech about this!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know that it's called "coroplast" . Thanks!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post
    Thank you...calling an RV tech today...I don't want to mess around with trying to remove the screws! I'm also wondering if it has compromised my blank tank as having more sewage odor lately too.
    Neighbor had this EXACT same symptom; bulging coroplast, odor in kitchen, thought it was black tank problem. Turned out that he had flooded the kitchen a few months earlier (toilet apparently didn’t automatically shut off so fresh water ran out onto kitchen floor). He dried it up, but the water had run out and gone down above the coroplast. He popped a hole in it and it drained out. Smell went away as well, as it was stagnant water sitting there for awhile.
    Last edited by jim1521; 11-11-2019 at 04:56 AM.
    2020 Riverstone 39FK

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast