User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The GUSHING part is what is confusing me. I believe you have a slow leak coming from your gray tank and it is working it’s way down onto the coroplast. It’s only happening when the gray tanks are left closed (allowing gray tank to fill).

I would close the gray tanks and watch/feel/monitor/sniff the coroplast area where the cuts are and see if there is a slow, gradual buildup of water over time, or if it only happens when the tanks get to a certain level, then it begins.

Also, when it gushed, we’re the gray tanks full?
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were hooked up to city water then and now; since this happened we are keeping both our gray tank valves open and the black tank closed except when dumping, and there is no water "gushing" or leaking. If it was the city water we would continue to have a leak, or "gushing" and we do not. Someone has advised that it may very well be a valve on one of our gray tanks, and we are leaning toward that being the case.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our monitors do not work so cannot say for sure how full any of the tanks were. We had dumped all three tanks three days prior, so yes, there was certainly something in all three tanks when it suddenly "gushed" fluid out. It is not a slow leak as we would then continually see dripping; we are currently in an RV park in Houston, on cement.

Recall that an RV tech cut two flaps in our coroplast back in early November when we first noticed the buldging in the underbelly. Fluid gushed out then too, obviously as was trapped in the underbelly. He thought we had a leak in one of the tanks, so we tested all three tanks plus the freshwater tank by individually filling them with 30 gallons of water and there was no leak. We surmised that it was a one time occurance last year, perhaps when water came up through the sink, and maybe then travelled and sat in the underbelly. However it is apparently not that as it suddenly gushed out again. I said we were not running anything when it gushed out; i.e. I was not doing dishes, nor running shower, sink nor flushing the toilet. I just happened to be outside. So yes, it certainly seems to happen when the two gray tanks and the one black tank have something in them.

We are keeping the gray tanks open to prevent anything as we CANNOT do any testing until we return to our previous campsite, come January as do not want to be kicked out of here for discharging fluids. Another individual said they think it may be one of the gray tank valves. Suppose the only way to check this out is to remove the coroplast and look - prefer we wait and tell the rv tech what we tested and what y'all said and then see what he suggests. So we are open to any other suggestions that we can run by him!
    Last edited by terryannbautz; 12-10-2019 at 01:02 PM. Reason: punctuation

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234