User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Propane Dual Control Regulator

Before the first tanks was finished, the change over indicator became stuck in the middle. Gas appears to still flow from both sides. OK, so I get a cheap gauge and figure I'll monitor that way. This morning, it showed almost "gas low", so I figure it would be empty today. This afternoon, it was in the middle of the green. Hmm! wondering if propane can bleed from one tank to the other or is it just the difference in pressure because of the temp difference from morning until afternoon?

Thanks - Rick
    2019 Solitude 2930RL S-Class
    2018 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali, LB Crew, SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikeman View Post
    Before the first tanks was finished, the change over indicator became stuck in the middle. Gas appears to still flow from both sides. OK, so I get a cheap gauge and figure I'll monitor that way. This morning, it showed almost "gas low", so I figure it would be empty today. This afternoon, it was in the middle of the green. Hmm! wondering if propane can bleed from one tank to the other or is it just the difference in pressure because of the temp difference from morning until afternoon?

Thanks - Rick
    Rick,

I have a new 337 Reflection and the gauge did get stuck between red and green once. I closed both tank valves, took off both tank hoses to remove all pressure on hoses then put the hoses on and turned the tanks on. Everything has worked since and have been through multiple tanks of propane. Here is how I use the system. Start with two full tanks, open the valves on both tanks and point the lever on the regulator to the tank you want to use first. Gauge should be green. When the tank is empty the gauge will show red and automatically switch the gass flow over so it comes from the second tank. Gas is flowing from second tank but gauge shows red. Note the lever does not move automatically. Manually change the lever to the second tank and the gauge will show green then remove first tank and get it filled. Put the full first tank back into the holder, attach the hose and turn the tank on. I always switch the lever to point to the tank being used.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&J___ View Post
    Rick,

I have a new 337 Reflection and the gauge did get stuck between red and green once. I closed both tank valves, took off both tank hoses to remove all pressure on hoses then put the hoses on and turned the tanks on. Everything has worked since and have been through multiple tanks of propane. Here is how I use the system. Start with two full tanks, open the valves on both tanks and point the lever on the regulator to the tank you want to use first. Gauge should be green. When the tank is empty the gauge will show red and automatically switch the gass flow over so it comes from the second tank. Gas is flowing from second tank but gauge shows red. Note the lever does not move automatically. Manually change the lever to the second tank and the gauge will show green then remove first tank and get it filled. Put the full first tank back into the holder, attach the hose and turn the tank on. I always switch the lever to point to the tank being used.
    I'll try this tomorrow! Thanks!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try this tomorrow! Thanks!
    Unfortunately didn't work. I plan to try to get the dealer to get me in while I'm still in the area. I'm leaving in December and they're booking in January. Might be a challenge!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately didn't work. I plan to try to get the dealer to get me in while I'm still in the area. I'm leaving in December and they're booking in January. Might be a challenge!
    Do you know how much propane is in your tank(s)? Could they both be almost empty? The next thing I would do would be to get both of the tanks filled, put the tanks back in the trailer, hook up the lines and turn the black lever to the driver side tank, this one is closest to the regulator if it is like my Reflection 337, then turn on the tank. Start a high propane use appliance like the furnace or hot water heater. If the gauge is working properly it should show green and the appliance should work. If you turn on the second tank and turn off the first tank while the appliance is running the gauge should show red and the appliance still work. If it is still stuck in the middle red/green then the gauge might be bad.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have cycled through a tank since it got stuck. Both are full now and it's on the lever is on the driver side. Doesn't matter if they are full or empty. It'll be 22 degrees tomorrow night, so no problem with high demand. Flow seems to work and switch, it's just the indicator.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have cycled through a tank since it got stuck. Both are full now and it's on the lever is on the driver side. Doesn't matter if they are full or empty. It'll be 22 degrees tomorrow night, so no problem with high demand. Flow seems to work and switch, it's just the indicator.
    Sounds like it is broken. Good that you still get gas through it and that it switches tanks. Stay warm.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I let one of the tanks run out so I could make sure they switch. Guess what ... now the indicator works!!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I let one of the tanks run out so I could make sure they switch. Guess what ... now the indicator works!!
    Congratulations on your repair! I was going to respond to an earlier post by encouraging you to replace the regulator yourself. They're not expensive and not at all hard to swap out, and you can forestall more trouble by doing it before the worst of winter arrives. My experience is that doing things yourself is less painful and may be more reliable than letting the average dealer look after it. Yours may be one of the exceptions but as a rule...

As one example of the "service" we got from our dealer, when we did the rushed ten-minute walk-through of our first Grand Design (Reflection) the "technician" told us that the regulator you're having trouble with was a three-way control. Put it to the left or right to use that respective tank, or put it in the middle to use both tanks at once!!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good you got it to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast