User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know. To me, which I could be wrong, could be due to the China tariffs and the issues noted through social media platforms. Yes you should be maintaining the tires but sometimes maintenance is not enough. Having Goodyear's a known tire brand may be a good thing for marketing as well as customer feedback.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The change came because of the customer input and owner rally input.

Price went up $400.
    Good to hear that GD listens to customer input. Guess they had enough input that people would pay a bit more for better quality tires.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could also be to keep up with Jayco, and GD customer feed back. Now if we could just get them to balance them also, (ducking flying bricks coming my way for poking a controversial subject)
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't help but remember from the 90's when Goodyear had a big problem with tires on Ford Explorer's. If I remember correctly people running under inflated had something to do with it.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Couldn't help but remember from the 90's when Goodyear had a big problem with tires on Ford Explorer's. If I remember correctly people running under inflated had something to do with it.
    Those were Firestone tires. It was a disagreement between the tire co Firestone and Ford Motor Co on inflation PSI recommendation. The tire effectively failed in a number of cases. There are several stories on the net that explains the whole story. Essentially it barred the explorer from Towing duty at Uhaul.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this is correct. We just placed our order on Saturday (11/9) and are expecting a mid January 2020 delivery.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by branog View Post
    I hope this is correct. We just placed our order on Saturday (11/9) and are expecting a mid January 2020 delivery.
    What model did you order? The Momentums already come with G load rated tires.

Also, regarding delivery, please keep in mind that will depend on weather. They've already got a lot of snow on the ground back there in Elkhart.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Oh, I have no intention of switching to one. As you said, mine has LRG tires on it, the Westlakes, and they are doing well. I run a good TPMS, keep them inflated properly, and so on. Unless something better comes around when I'm ready for tires, they will most likely be replaced with the Sailuns or the Goodyear G614s.
    Since you live in Murvil, Tennessee, hopefully you won't have to travel very far on those Westlakes to your favorite campgrounds 10-20 miles away in The Smokeys.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FordmanNJ View Post
    Those were Firestone tires. It was a disagreement between the tire co Firestone and Ford Motor Co on inflation PSI recommendation. The tire effectively failed in a number of cases. There are several stories on the net that explains the whole story. Essentially it barred the explorer from Towing duty at Uhaul.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    Yes Ford did a masterful job deflecting blame onto Firestone over that one. As I recall Ford recommended something like 26-28 psi, well below what Firestone designed the tires for.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Since you live in Murvil, Tennessee, hopefully you won't have to travel very far on those Westlakes to your favorite campgrounds 10-20 miles away in The Smokeys.
    I can tell you from experience that the Westlake is a much thicker bead and sidewall than the Goodyear G614 tire.

Had a customer just recently that wanted the G614 put on their Solitude. Couldn't break the bead and get the the Westlakes off. Local heavy duty truck tire company couldn't either. Lionshead (who provides the wheels and tires) said they warm them in an industrial oven to soften the sidewalls.

The Goodyears go on and off no problem.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast