User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by branog View Post
    I hope this is correct. We just placed our order on Saturday (11/9) and are expecting a mid January 2020 delivery.
    If it is a Reflection that you ordered, then, yes you will get Goodyear tires.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    Since you live in Murvil, Tennessee, hopefully you won't have to travel very far on those Westlakes to your favorite campgrounds 10-20 miles away in The Smokeys.
    LOL...I'm really not concerned with them. I'm a fanatic with my tire pressures and use a TPMS to monitor them and the tire temperatures.....plus they are the LRG. I have a triple axle T.H., so six tires with a tire capacity of 4080 lbs per tire at 110 psi. So the trailer tires will have a total of 24,480 lbs, sitting on three 7K axles. My trailer weight is normally around 18,500 lbs and about 3800 lbs of that is on the pin. So that puts about 14,700 - 14,800 lbs on the axles and tires. That gives me roughly a little over 1600 lbs per tire of excess capacity. I'm good I think. In fact, I would be well over the combined axle capacity long before reaching the maximum on the tire capacity.

And you are 100% correct....our favorite campground is in Townsend and about 35 miles away from paradise.
    Last edited by xrated; 11-12-2019 at 09:03 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I believe the Endurance tire only comes in a E-rating. I wouldn't think a E-rated tire would do for a heavy trailer like your Momentum. I believe the Momentum tires come with a G-rated tire.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Goodyear G614 rated 3750lbs @ 110psi
    Goodyear Endurance rated 4080lbs @ 80psi (ST255/85R16)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firestone tires. Ford uses Hankooks (mostly) on passenger cars. I can't recall what they went to on trucks as I put on after market tires.
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I switched the Goodyear Endurance tires for my Grand Design Imagine 2800BHS after 25,000 miles on the original Westlake tires. I made the decision after looking at a variety of reviews. It has been a expensive and poor decision which I regret. I use TPMS with the iPhone app to monitor pressure. It was a savior for me on 2 occasions. Two tires developed slow leaks around the valve stem requiring me to install the spare along the I-95. After the slow leak issues, we were travelling north on I-95 in South Carolina last week when one of the tires literally "blew up" and the rim was sheared off the tire hub. Fortunately we were able to get off the highway and with the help of the SC Highway Patrol we got to a truck stop where there was also a shop to perform the repairs. We spent 20 hours at the truck stop. We are members of the Good Sam Club roadside service and they were totally worthless. After almost 2 hours of talking with them, they told us that they could not help and we were on our own.

Both my wife and I are confused about tires and are quickly loosing confidence in towing our Imagine. We love the camper (have owned it roughly 600 days and have spent 150 nights in it) but we have been tainted by all of the tire issues. There has been a tire issue with almost every trip we have taken.

Anyone have any advice?
    2016 Ford F-150 Ecoboost engine
    2016 Grand Design Image 2800BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you scales your individual tire weights to make sure load is balanced? Also are the axles True and not causing wear and hear due to alignment issues.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
    Wife and I went to a RV show here in Portland Oregon Friday. While looking at some new Grand Design Models, we were talking with one of several reps from the factory. In the conversation, the rep said that as of two weeks ago, all Reflection models are shipping with Goodyear tires! I hope he is correct and was allowed to give out this information. Can anyone confirm?
    This is true. Production runs this month will have Endurance tires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
    Wife and I went to a RV show here in Portland Oregon Friday. While looking at some new Grand Design Models, we were talking with one of several reps from the factory. In the conversation, the rep said that as of two weeks ago, all Reflection models are shipping with Goodyear tires! I hope he is correct and was allowed to give out this information. Can anyone confirm?
    Goodyear Unisteel G614 RST is best for 5th wheels. Here are the stats on this wheel:

*LT235/85R16 G Rating BW sidewall 12 tread depth Max Load per axle 3750 pounds at 110 PSI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the 75MPH speed rating on the unisteel...
    This is what I run. 81 MPH speed rating,
    https://triangletireus.com/passenger-tires/tr656/
    Last edited by phonemannn; 11-16-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s some good news. Now I wish they would use the MORryde Rubber Pin Box and SRE4000 suspension on the Reflection 5th too and we’d really be talking. That GD factory pin box does nothing for the ride.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast