Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heating Question

Have a 2018 344GK and the infamous dometic 300 series toilets, with the sub par valve system. I was recently in cold weather where I had to turn on the furnace. The heating duct in the bathroom blows directly on the side of the toilet, I made a late night trip to the bathroom and almost scalded myself on the toilet seat because of the heat blowing out of the vent. none the less I destroyed another dometic valve due to the plastic being soft from the heat. The cheap plastic vent cover does not direct the flow enough to blow it away from the area where the flush assembly is located.

Am I the only one with this issue?
    Eric and Karen
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW
    2018 GD 344 GK
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if my set-up is the same as yours. I turned the register so the hot air blows toward the sink cabinet and away from the back of the toilet. You may be able to install some sort of a deflector to divert the hot air away from the toilet without restricting the flow.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, that's what I had to do, I bought a tin dryer vent and replaced the plastic vent. Not the best looking set up but functions great. Debating on wether to paint it black so it doesn't stand out so much but afraid it will give off a paint smell when it heats up.
    Eric and Karen
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW
    2018 GD 344 GK
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch