Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 310GKR Closet shelves

Returned from 3 and a half month trip. Unpacking to ready for storage till next trip. I was checking the shelves in the bedroom closet. It dark, contrasted with dark paneling. I saw vaguely what looked like a pair of flip flops on the shelf. Reaching for it I missed and pushed it toward the back of the shelf. It disappeared completely! Was this a proverbial black hole? An entrance to another dimension? Not really... iit seems the plywood paneling backing the six shelves had sprung under pressure from being force curved to form the back of the shelves. What made GD think that a few staples (no glue, no screws) around the outer edges of this plywood (straining to remain straight flat) would hold for very long!!?? Looking with a flashlight I also discovered the insulation on the front cap behind the closet had fallen. I was wondering why the closet built up so much heat. My 310 is 15 months. Past warranty. I first tried to improve the shelving, but the right side is built over and I want sure how much disassembly was going to be necessary. I contacted my dealer (100 miles away) they referred me to GD. Called GD they referred me to the dealer. Finally for the dealer to talk to GD and scheduled an appointment. Long story short, dealer made the repair. GD paid for it. I appreciate that. Unfortunately I have a list of issues too long to mention. From leveling system, appliances, valve leaks, interior fit and finish, etc. Unfortunately we have lost our joy for RVing. No confidence in our Solitude 310. Paid too much for this amount of disappointment.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had over 40 issues with our late-2017 2018 model 310GK, and you've just given me another one to worry about.

I hope your frustration wanes and you can begin to enjoy the life that you - and we - paid handsomely to enjoy. After 17 months - the first five of them sitting at the dealer awaiting repairs - our 310GK is BEGINNING to feel like something more than just a relentless series of problems to us. Touch wood.
    Last edited by boyscout; 11-11-2019 at 01:48 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closet Dilemma 310 GK

Your post was exactly what I was looking for! We have a 2019 & have really enjoyed our trips & our Solitude. However, coming home this time (2nd summer) the closet wall was pulled away, leaving a HUGE gap! Very poor design as there is NO way to get behind it. Whoever stapled it to begin with didn’t have a steady hand apparently as many staples were complete misses. My husband is extremely handy but after purchasing many options in an attempt to pull that piece to attach it has been overwhelming him. It’s hard to fix something that is only accessible during the building process. Was looking for some solutions before my pretty closet turns into my biggest nightmare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 377msb , but had the same issue with the closet. We drilled a hole in the corner and pulled the backing in with zip ties. Then we secured it with an L bracket. This was done 3 times, once at each shelf. Then we caulked the edging to prevent air leaks.