User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    DMandSC

Defective awning

The awning on our 2015 Solitude had a bad spline on one end and was coming off the track and needs to be replaced. The dealer says the manufacturer of this awning, Carefree, no longer makes the awning in brown and can only get a black/gray replacement. Really?! This unit is not even a year old and they don't make a brown awning anymore? A black/gray awning on a brown trailer will look ridiculous. Has anyone else had this issue? Is this really true? What color awnings are they putting on the Solitude now? It's still a brown color schemed trailer, are they putting black/gray awnings on the new solitude?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised that the spline couldn't be repaired or re-sewn on the existing awning. FWTW the Reflections have black awnings and that suits the color scheme fine as I believe it would on the Solitude also. A call to GD Customer Service would confirm the availability of the brown color.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

DMandSC
    Dealer said the manufacturer (Carefree) confirmed that the spline could not be repaired, as the spline is sewn in during manufacture of the awning. I looked up my awning serial number on the Carefree site and it actually shows that the awning is black/gray. I'm so very confused, and NOT color blind, but my awning is chocolate/brown. Was it swapped out with a different color during assembly? I have an inquiry in to Grand Design, but have not hear from them yet. It all seems a little strange to me.

gwells88
    I'm having awing issues with my 379fl as well. No response from GD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk