User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek slide system, wardrobe slide

I'm interested in a 320G or 350 fifth wheel toyhauler. Noticed that the wardrobe slide is schwintek and have heard bad things about this system. Anybody have problems with their slides?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A schwintek for the wardrobe is no problem. We have been 3 years trouble free with ours. Biggest issue is when it is used on a heavy slide (not the case for wardrobe) and the other issue is operator error; not holding the retract or extend button for a few seconds after the slide has completed its move.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto what FT4NOW said. We bought out 350 new in 2015 and have not had any issue with the schwintek slide.
    Lyle & Cathy plus Boomer (English Lab)

2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2016 RAM 3500 DRW Laramie Limited 4X4
    6.7 Cummins with Aisin Transmission

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at 5 years with my Schwintek without issues. But of course it's not on one of the heavy slides.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is on the bed slide. No problems in almost 5 years. Holding the button is key!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been intermittent issues with the connector cable(looks like television coax) breaking at the connection to the motor. Nothing widespread but I have read a few reporting that issue. Although we’ve never had an issue with ours, to me its an overly complicated system with many things(both mechanical and electronic) that can go wrong. The old fashion ram/gear box units are much more reliable and simple.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are 2 common issues with Schwintek slide failures.

Low voltage and too thin of sidewalls.

Haven't had many failures in GD products because the slide out holes are cut around the studding. (cut outs are lined with welded aluminum studs)

Failures can occur when a thin sidewall flexes too much.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with what others have said. Hold onto the button and count. Our Solitude bed slide is Schwintek and I am not worried about it. Although now that i think about it, I can't remember where the controller is for it.

anyhow on our Imagine 2950RL both slides were Schwintek. We had one problem on the dinning slide front motor, was fixed under warranty no further problems. The dining slide on that coach is much longer and sticks out much further than the kitchen slide, more than twice as far IIRC. So when they reworked the 2950 into the 2970, they changed the dining slide to the rack type. The kitchen slide is still the Schwintek.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 camping seasons of use in our Momentum 350 and no issues. As others have shared, they work well on smaller slides. However, you have to fully extend and fully retract every time. Don't stop partially extended as that will cause the motors to get out of sync with each other.

I wouldn't have any reservations purchasing the same system again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigattime View Post
    4 camping seasons of use in our Momentum 350 and no issues. As others have shared, they work well on smaller slides. However, you have to fully extend and fully retract every time. Don't stop partially extended as that will cause the motors to get out of sync with each other.

I wouldn't have any reservations purchasing the same system again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    May I ask what your toys are in the garage? I'm having a hard time finding a fiver with about 4000 lbs CCC, 40 ft or under, I'm getting frustrated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast