User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The turning point pushes the pivot back 21” or so relative to the axle, which is less than half the 4-4.5’ of leverage associated with a travel trailer. Couple that with the fact that 5ers carry more of their weight up front and it makes perfect sense that it still tows well.
    Last edited by backtrack2015; 11-15-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were told by the dealership that the turning point only slides back while backing up so that you can tightly turn the coach into a campsite without the coach hitting the cab of the truck. Moving forward/towing does not change its position. But maybe I’m not reading this thread right.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovetocamp View Post
    We were told by the dealership that the turning point only slides back while backing up so that you can tightly turn the coach into a campsite without the coach hitting the cab of the truck. Moving forward/towing does not change its position. But maybe I’m not reading this thread right.
    When you setup the pin box to use the turning-point feature, you place a wedge on the pin that prevents it from rotating at the hitch. The pin is simply captured by the hitch and held firmly in place. The trailer then pivots (or rotates) relative to the truck using the turning-point pivot built into the pin box. There is no actual “sliding” as you might find on an automatic or manual slider hitch. There are a few YouTube videos that show how this all works.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Turing Point Hitch set to swivel does give you more of an advantage going backwards when you need to back into a tight campsite. Going forward it's does not help much because the Trucks turning radius is the limiting factor
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    The Turing Point Hitch set to swivel does give you more of an advantage going backwards when you need to back into a tight campsite. Going forward it's does not help much because the Trucks turning radius is the limiting factor
    Mark
    I suppose the trailer tracks the truck a little better. You probably have slightly less deviation between the truck’s arc and the trailer’s in corners when going forward.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd fire that dealer! They are showing their ignorance! It doesn't "slide" at all, like an automatic slider. It just makes the pivot point further back than a conventional pin box. Highly recommended!
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I should note - when hitching up, you have to make sure to back in dead straight with the pin box...not the trailer. The box may get turned slightly left or right when unhitching, and you have to line up with it. On some, you can re-align it by hand before hitching up, if you need to. On others, it may be so tight that six strong men can't make it move. Be VERY careful if it is not straight - when backing in at an angle, it can be easy to hit the fifth with a corner of your dropped tailgate. I learned how to repair the hole I made in the fiberglass skin of my fifth, so if you aren't careful, you too can learn new skills. I would back in just far enough to be able to close the gate, then finish with the gate up.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Jayco 5er had the Reese Revolution (same concept as Turning Point box). I put nearly 50,000 miles on in the last 9 years and stability was never an issue. I had the Sidewinder put on our new GD 29RS. Much prefer that to having to deal with a slider (I know I would eventually forget, or get in an impossible situation). The Revolution I could move by hand to make alignment during hook up easier. Impossible to move the Sidewinder by hand. I just rock the whole front end of the trailer. Maybe that will loosen up over time. So, yes, when unhooking, make sure the truck is in fairly good alignment with the trailer and you shouldn't have any problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12