User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Washer hot & cold water shut off valves location(s)

We have a Solitude 344GK which is plumbed for a washer but we don’t have a washer installed. Nor are there any plans for a washer to be installed. As a result, we would like to eliminate the potential risk of any water leakage in the bedroom by turning off the water before the bedroom. I have looked in the basement storage area and located the water lines, but no shutoff valves. Our previous (non GD) 5th wheel had shutoff valves in the basement storage area. Has anybody found washer shutoff valves anyplace else? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Harold
    Harold & Susie
    2019 344GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, but will try to remember to ask for you when I do my delivery inspection Thursday.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might have to install some yourself and blow the extra water out of the line during the install. I know my Momentum doesnt have any shutoff valves except for the valves directly at the washer hookup connection. I havent heard of anyone else having pre-installed shutoff valves.

You could always put some pipe caps or something over the washer connection if you dont want to add valves.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Solitude 3350 has the clothes washer closet connections, we don't plan to use them either. They are kind of flimsy and not well secured. I mess with them as little as I must but check them often through out the year for leaking. No shut off valves in the basement for the clothes washer lines that I know of. This year winterizing I flushed the washer lines with antifreeze, some really stinky water came out of those lines. You have to flush the washer lines (so I've been told) with clean water when de-winterizing and throughout the year a few times to keep the water in these lines from becoming stagnate.. And If you don't flush these lines when de=winterizing, antifreeze gets trapped in these lines and you always get a little antifreeze back into the system all through the next year camping.

I try to be very careful messing with the water lines in our unit. Don't want to cause a problem leak before it leaks on its own, then I have to mess with it! Someone else said in a different thread to move the valves, any valve, every once in a while just to keep them in good working order so they don't just set and get froze up. With the quality of water in certain places in the country with high lime and calcium deposits, I think that is good advice, or get a water softener.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel