User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nwe Thermostat doesn't detect Heat Pump

Recently, I had the living area thermostat replaced in my Solitude because the backlight quit working. They installed the correct thermostat but the new one won't detect the heat pump. The thermostat just shows HEAT and the propane furnace works fine on it. Is there some procedure that I can do to make the thermostat reboot or something and detect my heat pump or is there some dip switches in the thermostat that have to be set? My old thermostat would cycle through HEAT ELECTRIC and HEAT GAS. The new one only says HEAT.
    The Capt and the Admiral
    Joe & Marilyn
    2017 Solitude 384 GK-R
    2017 F350 DRW FX4 6.7 PS, B&W Companion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, *did* they install the correct thermostat? There's a model 9430 t-stat that looks from the front just like the model 9630 t-stat, but the 9430 t-stat doesn't look like it supports heat pump, the 9630 does.

Here's the manual for the 9630 t-stat. It includes a wiring diagram that you can check against the dealer's installation. On reading it there doesn't appear to be any further setup procedure or dip switch setting required to make it see the heat pump capability.

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vsp...361-manual.pdf

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you ever get this figured out? I have a new 380FLR and only have 'heat' on my t-stat but I'm thinking it must have a heat pump/electric heat also? My friend has a 378MB and the t-stat has 'heat elec' and 'heat gas' modes

The furnace heat works great but I think I'm missing something...