User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discount on full body paint

Recently ordered a Solitude 310 GK and are now considering adding the full body paint. We got 30% discount off MSRP on unit. Asking the dealer about cost of Full body paint, they are only giving us 20% discount against the MSRP. I really want 30% off but I think the dealer has upper hand now. Any thoughts? What should we realistically expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we were doing it over I’m pretty sure I would go ahead and order FBP. You’re only looking at about $1200 difference on a $70k purchase. So I vote spend the extra money , move on and enjoy.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before we bought our Solitude, we shopped many major brands of mid-to-high end 5ers and I really wanted the full body paint too. However, we could not do any better than 22% off MSRP with the option, but easy arrived at 30% off with standard exterior for otherwise identically equipped units. FWIW - most of the mainstream manufacturers don't do full body paint in-house, and there was an enormous range of quality with the finished products that we saw. Some were excellent with clearly careful prep, masking, good application and final rub out, but others had tremendous overspray or lousy execution with dirt in the paint or obvious highs and lows, fish eyes, orange peel, runs... Even same brand, same product line, just different dates of manufacture were like night and day.

Full disclosure, I worked in a body shop in my youth, have been building and restoring vehicles all my life, and undoubtedly am very particular when it comes to automotive finishing...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recall off hand what our dealers offered, but we couldn't wait the extra 3 weeks. There is a dealer on the left coast that has bunches of Solitudes in FBP. If he had a 390RK-R, a trip to the left coast would have been a probability.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can say I have been over mine waxing it 2x in that last year and 1/2. Paint and detail are awesome. Looks great
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a price from a local dealer on a 310GK without FBP. We then visited another dealer mostly because we wanted genny prep, and those units had FBP and the heat pump too. Our final deal matched the discount we were expecting, but the new dealer did it by offering way more than what he should have on our TT in trade.

I love the look of the FBP, but here are the drawbacks I've experienced so far. Our rig absorbs more heat from the sun, not a great thing in the desert. The side walls on the slides are black, so that makes it worse. Also since we needed our main entry door replaced, we're still negotiating with GD on the process to get it painted to match the rig.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL