Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how many AUH owners initially torque the top bolt and the lower bolts, then drop the fiver onto the ball and then retorque the top bolt while the two lower bolts are still tight.

Also, I admit, I’m not real happy with Andersen’s lack of communication with prior owners. I can think of several installation updates Andersen has made over the years and the only way I knew about them was from sites such as these. The fact that I purchased my hitch directly from them means they have my name, address and email which offered them enough avenues to update this owner on new install requirements.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks for input. I'm going to let the thread die out, or a moderator can lock it. Our friends have had my PDR guy remove all the imprinting, and the bed was shot with LineX. The Andersen is gone. A Hensley TrailerSaver now rides in the bed. They told me their only expense was for the Hensley.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Thanks folks for input. I'm going to let the thread die out, or a moderator can lock it. Our friends have had my PDR guy remove all the imprinting, and the bed was shot with LineX. The Andersen is gone. A Hensley TrailerSaver now rides in the bed. They told me their only expense was for the Hensley.
    Sounds like throwing out the baby with the bathwater. That was a pretty quick reaction to get done in two weeks.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Sounds like throwing out the baby with the bathwater. That was a pretty quick reaction to get done in two weeks.
    It was only ~2 weeks since I posted seeking others' experience, but Eric and his wife were dealing with the matter since mid-September.

Whatever broke the iceberg free suddenly, my PDR guy (magician is more like it) had it in and out same day on the 19th and they dropped it off for the Line-X that evening and got it back on the Saturday. Hensley dropped in just before Thanksgiving. I saw the whole shebang just yesterday helping Eric move is massive tool towers into storage (sold their sticks and bricks faster than expected).
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob, I am researching hitches since I am moving to a 303 also. I have read on a site or two, I believe PullRite is one of them, that says a bed rail to be placed across the bed ridges is required for their similar hitch on Fords due to lighter bed material. These rails spread the pressure/force across a wider area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12