User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace won't kick on from left tank

Good morning!
    It was 29 degrees overnight here and woke up at 3am without the heat turning on. My one tank was empty (the right side tank, where the the automatic auto changer regulator is). So, I switched it to the left sided one, which was full, and got the green light, however, the furnace wouldn't kick on. The oven would turn on. Needless to say, it was a cold rest of the night. I had the right sided tank filled early this am, and turned on the furnace and it worked perfectly. Anybody else experience this issue where the furnace only ignites from the right sided tank? I have a 2018 reflection 28bh

thanks!!!

Amelie

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try closing the valve on that tank and then opening it slowly. May be the safety device activated when it was open ended before.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There should be a small red regulator on the opposite side that the auto switch over regulator is on. This red regulator should be on the curb side. This could be the culprit of your problem.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it had to be 3am, why can't these things happen at 3pm?

I am pretty sure you had all the basics covered, but will go over them again just to be sure.

The valve on the left tank was open prior to changing over. (and of course after you changed over)

When you changed over you moved the lever on top of the regulator, the indicator changed from red to green.

When you did the stove test you left it on for at least three minutes.

You recycled the thermostat to off, then back to heat at least three times.

After you got the tank filled, you swapped tanks, putting the right tank on the left post and then switched the propane over to see if it would work. aka Testing the left side regulator/switch with a known good tank.

Then changed it back, the former left tank in the right tank position, testing the tank with a known good regulator.

I hate getting up a 3am, freaking freezing outside, wind blowing, snowing like a banshee, hands freezing, and I didn't buckle my boots completely and got snow in my socks. I know your pain.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750