User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Portable gas BBQ recommendations for 2020 2970RL

Would love to hear any recommendations anyone has on the model of BBQ you have and do you have it connected to the Quick connect LP. I've read on some sites that the Coleman Roadtrip is reliable or the Weber Q.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We resurrected an old, original Q, converted it for the quick connect LP and bought a longer hose (8 or 10’). Works a lot better connected this way than it ever did on its own regulator, connected to a 20lb tank. Sits on the end of the picnic table, protected from weather by our awning. If I’m only using one pan (like for breakfast), I’ll even use it instead of breaking out the camp stove!
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Roadtrip grill that I have had for about 8 years now. Love the versatility of the grill, flat top, and coils for boiling.

I use a 20lb tank since it is plumbed with a regulator. The quick connect is already low pressure, so you would have to modify the grill to use it.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience converting Q2000 for use with on board LP system....

So I finished the conversion and it was quite easy. I tested performance both with the 1lb bottles and after conversion - no change. I used one single fitting and purchased a 20' quick disconnect hose as follows:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I took off the regulator/control valve assembly from the Q by removing the front leg and then the two small screws anchoring the assmbly to it. This made it easier to unthread the regulator at the discharge of the control valve using two pair of channel lock pliers, carefully positioning them on the opposing sides of the connection. Cleaned off the threads with a wire brush, installed the single male quick disconnect fitting using yellow gas specific teflon tape and then remounted it on the front leg. The quick disconnect points down at about the 4pm position. Saved the original Q regulator in case I want to use the 1 lb bottles in the future.

Bckaroo
    Last edited by Buckaroo; 11-13-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Blackstone “tailgater” series. Utilizes a griddle as well as a grill. It is the best of both worlds. A little heavy but that reminds you that it was made well. I Connect it directly to the LP quick connect.
    Dan, Marcia, Emilee, Tanner, Zac
    2020 Chevy 3500 HD Crew 6.6L Duramax
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a all stainless steel gas grill at Home Depot for $129, and it's a honey. I later saw the same grill at Sam's Club for $99. And boy, does it cook nice.

I tried to use a variety of brass connectors to hook it up to my trailer's quick attach LP port (in my outside kitchen.) But there were no connector combinations at any hardware store that could hook it up. I'm just using a 20 pound LP bottle that we had as an extra.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a Weber Q. Also bought the collapsable stand with wheels so we can move it around the campsite and not be restricted to putting it wherever the picnic table is located. We use the small green propane bottles instead of the quick connector on the trailer.
    Works great for us and the grill and stand fit nicely in the front pass thru storage for travel.
    2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi /392
    2018 Imagine 2250RK
    Equalizer W/D Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the Weber Q. Have used mine for years. I have purchased a number of other grills and smokers since owning the Weber but always go back to old faithful. I also have a blackstone griddle for breakfast and veggie stir fry.
    John and Denise; Houma, LA
    2017 Momentum 395M
    2016 Chevrolet K3500 DRW Diesel