User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Entry Door Window

Looking for suggestions on a shade for the entry door window. Getting the sunlight in too early in the morning. We have a 303.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FR8TFLYER View Post
    Looking for suggestions on a shade for the entry door window. Getting the sunlight in too early in the morning. We have a 303.
    We changed the entry door window on our rig to one that has a shade between the panes of glass (clear glass, not frosted, also).

Biggest issue we have with it is that you have to leave the rig to open/close the shade. Can't do it with the door closed.

We had tossed around several ideas before that including using a piece of fabric with magnets in the corners to attach to the screen door (inside the rig).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Piece of black foam board from WalMart (in the office supply section) cut to fit in the window opening. We put one in this summer and doubt we'll bother taking it out because it shades all light/sun. Make a nice cut so it fits well and after a while you'll forget it is even there.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    We changed the entry door window on our rig to one that has a shade between the panes of glass (clear glass, not frosted, also).

Biggest issue we have with it is that you have to leave the rig to open/close the shade. Can't do it with the door closed.

We had tossed around several ideas before that including using a piece of fabric with magnets in the corners to attach to the screen door (inside the rig).
    Is it possible you installed the window backwards? Seems weird that you have to operate the shade from the outside. I would flip it around.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Is it possible you installed the window backwards? Seems weird that you have to operate the shade from the outside. I would flip it around.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I mean you can't access the slide mechanism without being between the screen door and the entry door. The screen door doesn't open inward, so you have to go outside to reach it. It's not that you have to be totally on the outside of the door to reach it.

I was hoping to find a screen door that the upper part would open inward to make it easier, but haven't found one yet.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)