User Tag List

Thread: Slide Toppers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Toppers

We had a 303 in the past and had slide toppers, all my other trailers had slide toppers. Our new 337 does not have them and will be installing them. So, my concern, we have the extra awning on the door side slide, why GD didn't install it as low as possible so we had room to install slide topper hardware where it belongs, HMM. So does anyone have picture or pictures of their slide topper installed in addition to the patio awning? I would appreciate any info. thanks, Jeff
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what my awning/slide topper look like on my 376. The awning touches the slide topper rollers when it is fully out. The downside is it is wearing a hole where it touches reducing the life cycle, the upside is it helps with water draining when the awning is out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HalfOut.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	23498

Name:	IMG_20180612_143106447.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	23500
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the door side of your awning adjusted to highest point? I have a similar setup on my 374 with one side high and the other down 2 holes and it just lands on the slide topper at the back. I plan on lowering the slide topper down more like where the slide toppers on the other slides r. I think they installed this one that high because some models have an awning attached to the slide and it goes just below the topper.
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	779B27DC-81D5-44AA-A971-18AF901613C2.jpeg 
Views:	64 
Size:	978.6 KB 
ID:	23514
    Best shot I can give u
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the awning that covers my slide out. Mine is attached to the slide out. so i believe the brackets that are used to attach the slide toppers will impact the awning bracket. I may be able to move the slide out awning bracket down about 2 inches and that may leave the needed room for the slide topper bracket. GD says there is a specific way without voiding warranty. Of course they won't tell me either.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot remember where I stored the topper pictures of our 337 off hand, but here is the thread in which they are posted:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-toppers/page3

These are Solera units and page 1 of the same thread has pictures of other units.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks DBH_MI, i appreciate the pics. As they say, worth 1000 words. I am going to look closer I am thinking the vertical rail for the awning can be lowered about 2 inches also and allow the slide topper bracket to be mounted just under the fascia board. This project will have to wait until the first of the year though, have had an extra big chunk of expense recently. thanks again.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 303RLS that does not have slide toppers and does have the awning on the living room slide-out. I was told the brackets for a slide topper would not fit because of the awning brackets. But i think these type of topper brackets might work. Noe just need to find someone that carries them and can do the install. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190916_113543.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	23982

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ken, those brackets would not allow the main front awning to open. I have Dometic topper with the long arm brackets under the living room awning brackets.
    Frank & PJ
    2018 303 RLS
    2004 GMC 2500HD Duramax 4x4 Sierra