User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting video on payload capacity for a Dodge 2500 and a Reflection 230RL

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D&&FORM=VRDGAR

The last part of this video talks about payload and pin weight of the Reflection.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is that if he was really surprised that it was going to be overloaded on the payload numbers, he is either a total newbie or he doesn't have a clue because lack of experience and/or research.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    All I can say is that if he was really surprised that it was going to be overloaded on the payload numbers, he is either a total newbie or he doesn't have a clue because lack of experience and/or research.
    I would agree. I wasn't at all surprised. That's why I have an F350.
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little confused about the whole payload discussions... IMHO... Payload is simply a function of tires and springs... and therefore a balance between a comfortable ride and being able to tow heavy stuff... Again IMHO the idea a dodge 2500 cummins can't tow a 230RL is ridiculous... adding a camper package ( overload springs ) should be mandatory for all 2500's that are actually used as a pickup..... But as my wife often points out I'm stuck in the 1990's, ... Norm
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3/4 ton with 2K payload?
    How much weight can a Ford f350 carry in the bed?
    With an SRW and 2WD the 6.7L Turbo-Diesel engine can tow up to 18,000 pounds and has a max payload rating of 7,640 pounds and when equipped with a DRW the 6.7L engine can tow a maximum of 21,000 pounds.Sep 18, 2018

Maximum conventional towing with F-250 and F-350 single-rear wheel models with the OEM's new trailer tow package boosted to 18,000 lbs.; A maximum gooseneck tow rating of 32,500 lbs. for the Ford F-450 Super Duty SuperCrew 4x4, with maximum fifth-wheel towing increased to 27,500 lbs.Jul 18, 2016

The payload tag has nothing to do with legality. That's just the GVWR minus the curb weight leaving the factory. I would trust the tag over the paperwork in terms of the payload math, but you can generally legally load to whatever you pay on the registration.

I'm in the camp that thinks the payload tag tends to be pretty meaningless and causes more confusion than it prevents. Axle, tire and wheel ratings are the important numbers as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by phonemannn; 11-15-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    I'm a little confused about the whole payload discussions... IMHO... Payload is simply a function of tires and springs... and therefore a balance between a comfortable ride and being able to tow heavy stuff... Again IMHO the idea a dodge 2500 cummins can't tow a 230RL is ridiculous... adding a camper package ( overload springs ) should be mandatory for all 2500's that are actually used as a pickup..... But as my wife often points out I'm stuck in the 1990's, ... Norm
    Payload numbers are based on more factors than the two items you mentioned.....tires and springs. Engineers look at the entire picture, which does include tires and springs, but it also includes frame strength, axle load ratings, brakes, and probably other things that I'm not listing. Then a determination is made to assign a payload number that is basically the GVWR - the actual weight of the truck as it leaves the production line. An example of this....10,000 lb GVWR, truck weight off of the assembly line ...7950.....Payload...2050 lbs. Of course every truck is going to have a different payload number as it will depend on the trim level of the truck and the weight of all of the "stuff" that's on the truck when it was built. Unfortunately, most of us are looking for a truck that has the amenities on it....power everything, 4WD, Diesel, etc. That is why a base model truck will have more payload than a loaded up one of the same year, model, cab, etc.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    3/4 ton with 2K payload?
    How much weight can a Ford f350 carry in the bed?
    With an SRW and 2WD the 6.7L Turbo-Diesel engine can tow up to 18,000 pounds and has a max payload rating of 7,640 pounds and when equipped with a DRW the 6.7L engine can tow a maximum of 21,000 pounds.Sep 18, 2018

Maximum conventional towing with F-250 and F-350 single-rear wheel models with the OEM's new trailer tow package boosted to 18,000 lbs.; A maximum gooseneck tow rating of 32,500 lbs. for the Ford F-450 Super Duty SuperCrew 4x4, with maximum fifth-wheel towing increased to 27,500 lbs.Jul 18, 2016

The payload tag has nothing to do with legality. That's just the GVWR minus the curb weight leaving the factory. I would trust the tag over the paperwork in terms of the payload math, but you can generally legally load to whatever you pay on the registration.

I'm in the camp that thinks the payload tag tends to be pretty meaningless and causes more confusion than it prevents. Axle, tire and wheel ratings are the important numbers as far as I'm concerned.
    There are so many mistakes in what you posted, I really don't even have the time to start clarifying....or the determination to do so. My advice is to go back and read ALL the footnotes on the numbers.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO you guys who subscribe to^^^^^"OMG Don't go over the Payload on yellow sticker" Are uninformed. Jeez ever seen a F450 with a 5 car trailer going down the road? Not illegal, or unsafe, you do not think the Police would pull them right over if it was? There you go. That yellow sticker is a way the auto manufacture came up with the cover the butts after the Explorer problems. NOW you still have to use the brains God gave you. In my opinion, 70 percent of the Pick ups pulling a trailer on the road are over the payload on the "yellow sticker" In California, you can register your pickup for what ever weight you want, And pay accordingly. You just cannot go over the max on your tires. Yep truth...
    O and all the info above, came directly from Fords web site. Except the last part.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    IMO you guys who subscribe to^^^^^"OMG Don't go over the Payload on yellow sticker" Are uninformed. Jeez ever seen a F450 with a 5 car trailer going down the road? Not illegal, or unsafe, you do not think the Police would pull them right over if it was? There you go. That yellow sticker is a way the auto manufacture came up with the cover the butts after the Explorer problems. NOW you still have to use the brains God gave you. In my opinion, 70 percent of the Pick ups pulling a trailer on the road are over the payload on the "yellow sticker" In California, you can register your pickup for what ever weight you want, And pay accordingly. You just cannot go over the max on your tires. Yep truth...
    O and all the info above, came directly from Fords web site. Except the last part.
    Whenever you see Max payload numbers advertised, it is always followed by a line that reads..."When properly equipped". And in simple terms that means.....A regular cab (not extended or CrewCab), 2WD, Gas Motor, and nothing more than the most basic of trucks....usually an XL in the Ford lineup. And we all know that that kind of truck is the one that most people want
    The reality of it is that there is no such thing as those kind of payload numbers with 99% of the trucks on the road that are pulling campers.....you know that I'm sure, but in case you don't, there it is ^^^^^ So yes, you can get the truck that has a payload of 7640 lbs........if you want the regular cab, 2WD, XL with a gas motor....enjoy!

And as far as a F450 pulling a 5 car trailer, that may be very possible without overloading the truck, based on how much pin weight is put on it and how the trailer is loaded. With 5ver camping type trailers, you simply do not have a choice of where you put the stuff in the trailer like you do with a flatbed or equipment trailer or possibly the 5 car hauler trailer you are referring to. The camping trailer is going to put 20+ percent of the trailer weight on the truck as pin weight, apples and oranges.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags