User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sympathize with you folks paying for storage, but your stories make me feel like the money I’ve spent on barns was a huge bargain. Inside storage with power 180’ from my back door is something I didn’t really realize was both a luxury AND a bargain.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Wow.
    You should just rent an RV a couple times a year, it would be way cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MMM-kay. I'm not sure I understand your point. Our RV is part of our long term retirement plans, not short term vacations.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12 miles, 24/7 security gate then separate gate key access, outdoor lot, gravel @ $50/year, that's not a typo.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    12 miles, 24/7 security gate then separate gate key access, outdoor lot, gravel @ $50/year, that's not a typo.
    What a BARGAIN!!!!
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    MMM-kay. I'm not sure I understand your point. Our RV is part of our long term retirement plans, not short term vacations.

John
    Sorry I quoted the wrong post.
    I was talking to the guy that spends $4000 on storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    I sympathize with you folks paying for storage, but your stories make me feel like the money I’ve spent on barns was a huge bargain. Inside storage with power 180’ from my back door is something I didn’t really realize was both a luxury AND a bargain.
    Please! Some people like me don't even have a garage. Speaking of which I just paved my 2 parking areas last year. It was 12 years of a crushed 3/4 stone and some pavement that was breaking up. Due to the nature of the paving it was a pretty penny so I maintain the pavement on a regular basis. Next year will be a seal coated after the winter. I was not able to get to it this year. At least the snow blower doesn't get rocks in it anymore.

BTW, 180 feet away could fit my entire lot by 2 and still have room. I would like to move but it would be more expensive in the long run due to costs on property tax, housing, etc. I feel that window has closed somewhat and I will have to make due.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FordmanNJ View Post
    Please! Some people like me don't even have a garage. Speaking of which I just paved my 2 parking areas last year. It was 12 years of a crushed 3/4 stone and some pavement that was breaking up. Due to the nature of the paving it was a pretty penny so I maintain the pavement on a regular basis. Next year will be a seal coated after the winter. I was not able to get to it this year. At least the snow blower doesn't get rocks in it anymore.

BTW, 180 feet away could fit my entire lot by 2 and still have room. I would like to move but it would be more expensive in the long run due to costs on property tax, housing, etc. I feel that window has closed somewhat and I will have to make due.
    I have a 22-250 rifle that can shoot accurately about 400 yards. About 200 feet from my back door I can sight it in. You give up a lot living in the country, but if you spend time on the road it evens out!
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We keep ours at a storage lot about 12 miles away..cost about $40 a month. There are closer ones but more expensive plus this place offers indoor storage for the winter months(which fill up fast around here). Those are about $600 for Oct-May. Not a bad deal but you don’t have access to it.
    Chad & Nikki
    2019 Reflection 230RL
    2019 F-250 6.2 Gaser
    B&W Companion

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Our storage lot is about 20 miles away. There are ones closer, but we really like this one. They have free ice, wash bay, air hose, and dump station on site. 24 hour access. They will park our rig for us, if we want. They also have a repair facility owned by the same family and a small RV accessories store. They've been in business for 3 generations. Since, from southern California, we basically only have 2 ways to get out of town, it's more convenient not to have to drive all the way back into "the city" environment when returning from a trip. Our rig is pretty much set up with everything we need, so we just load the truck with clothes and fresh food that we want on the trip to be put in the rig when we get to our first stop.

We pay $235 a month for outdoor, uncovered spot.
    Where is this spot? It sounds sweet! We are in SoCal and don’t have any of that!
    Tony and Barbara
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ford F350 KR CC/SB 4X4
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFSolitude View Post
    We have that too.... for $150/ month.... not a typo �� Hate reading some of your sweet deals! It hurts!
    Tony and Barbara
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ford F350 KR CC/SB 4X4
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast