Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine and XLS Water Hose Connection

I'm pretty sure I've decided on the XLS 23BHE and wanted to make sure I get myself 100% camp ready when I pull out (I let a lot of stuff go with the old camper). One thing I've been looking at is the water connection on these units. What do most people do at the water connection since the whole to feed the hose through is almost directly below the inlet? I've considered a 90 or 45 degree connector or maybe a short pigtail hose with a loop. Just curious what everyone else has done to take some strain off that inlet and the hose with that tight bend. Bonus points on opinion on whether or not to have dealer install battery to do it myself.

Garrett

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not familiar with your model, but a 90 degree fitting is a great way to reduce hose strain.

Install the battery yourself, not hard to do, make sure they are connected in parallel otherwise you will end up with 24v. Also, if using lead acid, make sure it's in a vented battery box.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my approach - above the flow meter I have a 4' tail looped up and back down (you can see the downward length), I then just push the end through the trap, then screw on my online filter. There are two 45* fittings, a pressure regulator, and the flow meter.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191025_161243764.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	23521

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Scott & Fonda
    2015 F-250 SuperCrew SRW, 6.7L TD
    2020 Imagine 2670MK.........Equal-i-zer 1400#
    Kayaks: Perception Expression 11.5 and Carolina 12
    Bikes: Specialized S-works Amira, Felt Z95, DelSol Lxi 6.1, Electra Townie
    Virginia Beach

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Not familiar with your model, but a 90 degree fitting is a great way to reduce hose strain.

Install the battery yourself, not hard to do, make sure they are connected in parallel otherwise you will end up with 24v. Also, if using lead acid, make sure it's in a vented battery box.

Is two 12V batteries pretty standard? My previous TT was pretty small and only had one. I don't intend to do any dry camping so having more amp-hours isn't a concern, just enough amps to handle the load.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpyknee View Post
    This is my approach - above the flow meter I have a 4' tail looped up and back down (you can see the downward length), I then just push the end through the trap, then screw on my online filter. There are two 45* fittings, a pressure regulator, and the flow meter.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191025_161243764.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	23521

This is extremely elaborate....and I LIKE IT. Lots of strain relief. I like the idea of looping up first. I was thinking of going down first then a complete loop. This would be even better. Is the logic behind 45 connectors better flow?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by packerprogrammer View Post
    This is extremely elaborate....and I LIKE IT. Lots of strain relief. I like the idea of looping up first. I was thinking of going down first then a complete loop. This would be even better. Is the logic behind 45 connectors better flow?
    The 45's enabled me to get close to the wall so I could use the copper straps. They allowed more options for angles and positioning to fit. I started with a 90 going down to the hatch, but quickly realized I gained no stress relief.
    I'm sure there's a hydraulic difference between two 45s and one 90, but can't claim that as a motivator.
    The flow meter means I never have to guess how much water went in.
    I have another flow meter on the end of my dedicated black tank flush hose - same reason - no guessing.

Scott & Fonda
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a side note, try to avoid fittings that are labeled "outdoor irrigation use only." Admittedly, I drank from the garden hose and a well as a kid and handle firearms & ammunition daily, so I'm already poisoned, but we should try to plumb with "approved" parts.
    This thread contains topics known to the state of California to cause cancer.

Last edited by Gimpyknee; 11-15-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    Scott & Fonda
    Virginia Beach

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by packerprogrammer View Post
    Is two 12V batteries pretty standard? My previous TT was pretty small and only had one. I don't intend to do any dry camping so having more amp-hours isn't a concern, just enough amps to handle the load.
    If you're not going to he boondocking, I would skip the 2nd battery.

Also, def make sure you go with drinking water safe fittings.

My setup is a little on the extreme side, but it works and there is no hose strain. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191020_142344.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	23530

2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    If you're not going to he boondocking, I would skip the 2nd battery.

Also, def make sure you go with drinking water safe fittings.

My setup is a little on the extreme side, but it works and there is no hose strain. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191020_142344.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	23530

Yeah, I wouldn't even hook up a garden hose to sanitize my old camper. I gravity fed the solution. Ive just used a simple pressure reducer but you all have me wanting an actual regular too lol. I'm thinking about a 45 or 90 then loop it with a 4ft leader hose. Camco makes a 4ft length. Then drop that through and do the filter outside. I can fiddle more once I actually get it. This will just be to get me going.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpyknee View Post
    As a side note, try to avoid fittings that are labeled "outdoor irrigation use only." Admittedly, I drank from the garden hose and a well as a kid and handle firearms & ammunition daily, so I'm already poisoned, but we should try to plumb with "approved" parts.
    This thread contains topics known to the state of California to cause cancer.

What do you do about water in the vertical section of your hose? Does it tend to leak out? I would think the check valve would have enough spring to keep it from draining into the line.

Thanks everyone for their input. This helps.