User Tag List

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Added Electrical Outlets to Bedside Cabinets.

I had already added a 120V circuit under the bed for the Sleep Number mattress pump. I extended the circuit to both sides of the bed and installed a 120V / USB outlet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9419.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	23527

Name:	IMG_9420.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	23528

Name:	IMG_9422.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	23529
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I had already added a 120V circuit under the bed for the Sleep Number mattress pump.
    Did you post about that mod? I can't find it using Search.

I want to put a 12V outlet (and maybe more 120V) in the bedroom and wondering how best to deal with the fact that the bed is on a moving slide. Thanks for any insight.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I extended the circuit to both sides of the bed and installed a 120V / USB outlet.
    Does the so called night stands just screw away from the wall or did you remove one of the panels in order to run wire and cut the hole for outlet?
    Last edited by yobigal; 11-16-2019 at 09:47 AM.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Did you post about that mod? I can't find it using Search.

I want to put a 12V outlet (and maybe more 120V) in the bedroom and wondering how best to deal with the fact that the bed is on a moving slide. Thanks for any insight.
    I don't think I posted about the outlet under the bed. I sourced the 120v from the inverter circuit breaker panel I installed last year. I suppose I could't have obtained 120V from other places, but the panel was convenient and I wanted an inverter source.

I ran some 14/2 Romex wire over to the DS front, top corner of the storage bay where there were other wires going through the floor to underneath the bed. I installed an outlet there (GFI) and I used 14/2 SO wire from there, through the floor, and under the bed because it needed to flex easily when the bed platform came in and out. Once the wire comes through the floor it is just looped to allow it to follow the bed platform in and out; the same as the existing wires.

Here are some photos from the DS top, front corner where the wires pass through the floor and what is under the bed platform....

This is looking down inside the raised mattress platform at the outlet I installed. You can see the SO cable coming into the outlet and the Romex I used coming out of it that feed the bedside table outlets I installed...

Name:	IMG_9422.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	23542

This is the area of the storage compartment where I fed the SO cable up through the floor. You can see the Romex coming into the GFI outlet and the SO cable going up to the hole in the floor. (That wall switch is for my LED light strips on the DS side of the storage bay.

Name:	IMG_9430.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	23543

This is the are where the wires come into the underneath area of the bed platform and run (in a looped fashion) up to the area under the mattress platform. The wires coming through the floor are to the left and around the side so you can't see exactly where they come up.

Name:	IMG_9437.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	23544

You have to do a lot of laying on the floor to reach under the bed to get access the wires there, but it isn't hard to run the wires.

Quote Originally Posted by yobigal View Post
    Does the so called night stands just screw away from the wall or did you remove one of the panels in order to run wire and cut the hole for outlet?
    I didn't unscrew any of the panels for the side tables or have to take it apart at all. First I cut the holes for the "new work" style electrical boxes. Then I drilled a 1" hole in the back bottom of the side table. I just ran Romex from the electrical box hole inside the side table and out the hole at the rear that I made. It was easy to run it as the Romex is pretty flexible but still stiff enough to push it through the entry and exit holes on its own. From the back of the side table I ran it to behind the bed platform box; GD conveniently didn't make that platform box flush against the side wall, so I was able to run the Romex behind the bed box and into the area under the mattress platform to the electrical box I had installed.

The hardest part was drilling the holes in the rear of the side table; I had to use a right angle drill because of the tight space and I used a step bit to get the right side hole in the tight space.

I hope all this helps... If not, just let me know.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for taking the time to explain how you completed the projects. It will help me big time.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R