User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Ormand View Post
    Did the Google search and I'll look for an alternative.
    Forum tip, Joe. If you use "Reply With Quote" instead of just "Reply," people will know who you are addressing and, if you're asking a specific question, that person will get a notice, too. In addition, putting your rig information in a signature will give people more information when answering questions.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No bikes, but I moved the spare to under the frame & have a platform for my Honda 2000 generator on the bumper.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to REI looking for a bike rack. The one I was shown looked great until I called the Thule company. They said any lowering arm/swing arm type will not be RV rated. We went with Thule “range”, it has the 2” receiver.
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreakfastinAmerica View Post
    I went to REI looking for a bike rack. The one I was shown looked great until I called the Thule company. They said any lowering arm/swing arm type will not be RV rated. We went with Thule “range”, it has the 2” receiver.
    Since I started my search for a rack several years ago, I keep an eye out for new models that are RV rated. Nice to see Thule joining Yakima and Swagman in producing one for our needs. Now if I can find one for our two e-bikes....those are two really heavy beasts! (Naw, will never put them in a rack. Too many $$$. In the truck bed they go, with industrial locking...)
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

For your information,

here is my question to GD and the answer about this,

Q: " Hi,
    Can I used the 2'' hitch back of my Reflection 337RLS to install a bike rack platform style like Bike Rack ( Without the adapter provided with) or Curt or Reese model.
    Regards"

A: " Thank you for contacting Grand Design RV. We apologize for the delay in response to your hitch inquiry. The 2” hitch receivers, are designed for bike racks as for the type or brand of bike rack. This would be aftermarket and at owner discretion.

Have a wonderful day!

Thank you,

Nicholas Cotner
    Regional Service Manager
    RVIA/RVDA Registered Technician
    574-825-9679--Phone
    574-825-9249—Fax

PS. Be sure is to be rated for RV as this model and I always used a security straps attached to the bumper:

Francois
    Francois And Sylvie
    GMC Sierra 2500HD 2017 Diesel/Duramax RSW
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    Curt Q25

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent a few years and many thousands of miles hauling racks with two or three $3K racing bicycles on them.

I never understand why the bicycles aren't just put inside the RV? There's plenty enough unused space.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a ladder bike rack with 2 bikes. Never had a problem, but I strap them real good too, not just relying on the bike rack.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive carried a mountain bike and a 50 lb kayak on my Keystone bumper for 6 years and 8-10,000 miles with no problem Moved the spare into the truck. I cant imagine the imagine bumper is much worse than a Keystone bumper. Will watch very closely and do a lot of checking and praying. Am optimistic it will hold a 55 lb mountain bike and the kayak with attachment below the ladder and strapped to the ladder. Fingers are crossed.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I relocated the spare tire to the truck bed and removed the spare tire mount bracket. I installed a bolt-on receiver hitch for my bike rack. We take two bikes on our travels. I put one on the bike rack on the bumper and the other on a ladder bike rack. We have made a number of trips with this setup and no issues so far. Will continue to watch bumper, weld joints, etc. for stress but so far so good.
    Larry & Suzanne
    2021 GD Reflection 150 295RL
    2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
    6.7L Power Stroke Diesel, 3.55 rear axle ratio
    B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having had a bumper mounted receiver fail and dump 2 $1200 mountain bikes onto the interstate on a previous trailer, I had a receiver hitch mounted to the frame by our dealer.

We left the spare mounted where the factory mounted it (dead center) and purchased a hitch extension to mount the bike rack.

We use the Yakima LongHaul bike rack (RV rated) which survived that receiver failure (and kept the bikes on the rack when it fell off). One bike was able to be repaired using parts from the second. Now the bikes are locked on the rack and sit in front of the spare.

Get a frame mounted receiver hitch and a RV rated rack. That keeps the weight off the stinky slinky tube, the spare where the factory put it and you can be sure the bikes and tire will be there on your arrival at your campsite.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12