User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 2800BH Ground Control TT

I just thought I would share that I completed a major upgrade to my 2800BH recently. I installed the Lippert Ground Control TT automatic LEVELING jacks. With the touch of a button they automatically level and stabilize. So easy and the stabilization is so much better than the factory stabilizers.

I’m happy to answer any questions if anyone is interested.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do these systems cost to have installed, approximately? What kind of ground clearance do you have when the stabilizers are retracted? Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heya Jim, did you buy the parts separate or a kit?

Is it the one that replaces the existing scissor stabilizers with electric scissors? Or does it actually install a couple of hydraulic vertical stabilizers like on the fifth wheels?

be interested in seeing some pics and hearing about any issues you ran into.

cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think the Imagine frames were strong enough for an auto-leveling system.

Our previous Heartland had the Lippert electric stabilizers. POS, the mechanics that allow them to auto-adjust for side to side variations also allowed the trailer to rock side to side on the long axis. I put a flea market automotive scissors jack under each side of the frame to stabilize it.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the package I installed on my 2020 2800BH. I can’t speak to the cost to have it installed because I did it myself. It all seems to function perfectly and my trailer is far more stabile now than it was with the factory scissor jacks. The clearances are within tolerance according to the installation instructions. I do wish I had more clearance on the front jacks but, as I said, they are within tolerance. I’m considering lifting my whole trailer ride height by a few inches to make me feel a little better about the ground clearance of the front jacks.

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack.../LC672136.html

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The imagine frames are made by the same people (LCI) that makes the auto leveling system.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed this package:

https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack.../LC672136.html

I can’t speak to the cost to have it installed because I installed it myself. I wish there was more ground clearance on the front jacks but they are within tolerance according to the instructions.

It’s FAR more stabile now than the factory scissor jacks were. I took those off and place them in the trash where they belong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboSlim View Post
    I just thought I would share that I completed a major upgrade to my 2800BH recently. I installed the Lippert Ground Control TT automatic LEVELING jacks. With the touch of a button they automatically level and stabilize. So easy and the stabilization is so much better than the factory stabilizers.

I’m happy to answer any questions if anyone is interested.
    Very interested! Can you post pictures? I assume the belly covers weren’t in the way? Did you run Into any issues during install?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A most welcome upgrade I imagine. Early this week while in a campsite in the Fraser Canyon a couple arrived well after dark in a Keystone Passport 2500RK, it has auto levelling. It looked like a Lippert. Very easy setup. I had a less than level site and had to run one side up on about 2” of boards then level front to back. Longest setup I’ve had in years. If someone was selling a system, I might have bought on the spot.
    As a side note, the crappy jacks from GDRV work much better if you keep the extension as little as possible. Piles of blocks under them makes a huge difference in rig stability IMO. There are some who change out the 2500# jacks for 5000# or 7500# jacks to improve stability.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdsalmon90 View Post
    Very interested! Can you post pictures? I assume the belly covers weren’t in the way? Did you run Into any issues during install?
    I’ll post some pictures. I had to trim the belly covers a bit but it’s nothing that a little great stuff can’t seal up. No issues with the install at all. I do wish i had more ground clearance on the front jacks but i was already thinking of adding a small lift kit to my camper so it’s not that big of a concern to me at this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast